Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foam Gun Announcement: Not 100% USA Made

Adam

WOW!! i'm blown away about this, they really did hid that label very well. Sad part is Adam is right about making parts from other Countries and sending them here. Putting them together in the USA and calling them American made. Now when you go to the store and see Made in the USA is it really made here. I have seen products say made in the USA, but printed in China WHaaaat really we can't print or own labels.:help:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See thats night right at all. They should be required to say ether MADE in America or ASSEMBLED in America. There is a huge difference!

Hope they aren't giving you a run around Adam!

I agree with everyone else, just cause of you were told the wrong thing doesn't make me think any less of Adam's and I will certainly come back time and time again. This past summer I didnt use any other company products except some Bleach on the white letter tires and wheel protectent. I am 110% an Adam's guy!

Mine has the "Taiwan" stamp :(

but there's No WAY that I'm going to send it in for a refund

Same for me..I don't want a refund at all but if you do end up getting this sorted out to having American made spray guns I'd like to swap mine out at that time. If not, that's fine too, I don't need any money back from you guys let alone 110%. While it wouldnt thrill me to have the Taiwan stuff from you guys, I'm sure I've got a boat load of other crap in my house thats not American made unfortunately, so one spray trigger won't be a big deal.

I also have the gun that says Taiwan on it. However, I don't wan't a refund and since I drive a Japanese car, it would be kind of hypocritical to say I can't wash it with a foam gun with parts made in Taiwan. I try to buy American made as much as possible, but it is becoming more and more difficult to buy anything made here.

Same for me..I don't want a refund at all but if you do end up getting this sorted out to having American made spray guns I'd like to swap mine out at that time. If not, that's fine too, I don't need any money back from you guys let alone 110%. While it wouldnt thrill me to have the Taiwan stuff from you guys, I'm sure I've got a boat load of other crap in my house thats not American made unfortunately, so one spray trigger won't be a big deal.

:iagree:

Adam, I think it's great that you guys are standing behind 'made in the USA' and can understand the patriotic approach. BUT, I need a foam gun! If you're not going to get this sorted out soon, can you at least help those of us that need something NOW? Based on my experience with the site, I want to stay with you guys and know that you'll stand behind your products. I'd be willing to take a 'less than perfect' gun knowing that you stand behind it if it was available.

Just offer it at a reduced price and I'd be willing to bet that there are others that would like to get in on it. Come on ... my car needs washed!

I have been thinking about 1 of these. I prefer made in USA but if it is not to be oh well. It needs to work right though. One thing to consider. The distribution process for imported stuff creates more US jobs than the distribution process for USA made stuff and they are normally better paying jobs than manufacturing. That is a huge part of the economy here in the Seattle area. I am not saying that makes what happened right. I am just saying to some extent the jobs are still in the US. No matter what Adams is a stand up company and will continue to get my business. I am not in the import industry in any way so thats not why I am pointing this out. Just want to make that clear.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

KickEmInTheJunk!

I'll order one once you get this sorted out. Sick of using the 'hovering large wash pad full of soap' to layer my car in suds prior to the sensual massage of Adam's Car Shampoo... eh... seems I have daytime TV on - (click).

Sorry 'bout that.

KickEmInTheJunk!

I'll order one once you get this sorted out. Sick of using the 'hovering large wash pad full of soap' to layer my car in suds prior to the sensual massage of Adam's Car Shampoo... eh... seems I have daytime TV on - (click).

Sorry 'bout that.

You really DO need to go back to work! :lol:

You know I have said it many times on other forums especially about vendors and the way they conduct business and I really think it applies to this situation.

" People understand that sometimes things happens, BUT what really is important to people is they way it is handled"

This is just another reason I really enjoy Adam's products.

I'm going to play a little bit of devils advocate here. I love the foam gun, in fact it is used EVERY time my truck is washed. I totally see it as an indispensable tool in my ever growing Adam's arsenal. I really think you guys should still continue to sell them. I mean what about the clay bars? I know AutoMagic has the patent on it for a little longer, but it is made in Japan is it not? The microfiber towels are from Korea, correct? These are both products that are must haves to any serious detailer. Wouldn't it be better to sell a gun that is at least assembled in the USA VS. not selling one at all and having people either go without, or buying another gun that is 100% made in China? Just throwing another viewpoint out there for some friendly debate.

I'm going to play a little bit of devils advocate here. I love the foam gun, in fact it is used EVERY time my truck is washed. I totally see it as an indispensable tool in my ever growing Adam's arsenal. I really think you guys should still continue to sell them. I mean what about the clay bars? I know AutoMagic has the patent on it for a little longer, but it is made in Japan is it not? The microfiber towels are from Korea, correct? These are both products that are must haves to any serious detailer. Wouldn't it be better to sell a gun that is at least assembled in the USA VS. not selling one at all and having people either go without, or buying another gun that is 100% made in China? Just throwing another viewpoint out there for some friendly debate.

This makes good sense to me.

i agree as well!

i haven't bought one yet, but i sure would like one! the day i have a house and don't have to sneak in and use a self car wash booth after hours to do my bucket wash, i'm buying 2 things: a garden hose and this foam gun!

Great question/ debate, and I'm glad you asked! Here is my take on China & Taiwan, vs. Korea, Germany, Italy & Japan:

First, I'm motivated to keep as many jobs in the U.S.A. as possible. Americans need the jobs, and the manufacturing capacity of our country needs the support.

The key to me, is paying a wage that doesn't eliminate an American job.

In the manufacturing facility that makes our microfiber towels in Korea, the average salary is about $26,000/ year. In Japan, the workers that make the clay bars we sell earn on average, $29,000/yr. Germany, where the Flex Polisher is made, $36,000. Italy, where the best power washers are made, nearly $20,000.

Source: worldsalaries.org

In America, the average manufacturing salary is in the same range as those mentioned above.

In Communist China and Taiwan, however, the average salary is closer to $1,800/ year. That is not only a wage that is impossible for an American family to live with, it's a wage that displaces American workers daily.

As manufacturing facilities close up shop on a daily basis in this country, should we all just throw in the towel, and say, "Aw heck, everything is made in China now, let's just go to Wal-Mart and stock up!"

It's difficult to find U.S. made products, and those that are made in China or Taiwan carry a significantly higher profit margin. In fact, we are probably one of the least profitable companies in our industry, as our products are made in the USA, or, in a country where the wages earned by the workers is similar to American salaries.

I work hard every day to find manufacturers in the USA to provide us with the best products made. It's not easy, and I'm sure Dylan can chime in with his thoughts here, as we spend hours everyday, searching and searching for manufacturers to provide excellent products. And that's at any cost, not just at competitive costs!

The day we all give up, is the day we decide it's just too hard to buy American, or to buy from countries that pay a living wage.

When we buy Chinese products, we are supporting a communist country that pays their workers about 10% of what we pay our fellow Americans. It's tough for any U.S. manufacturer to compete with that.

Still, my integrity, and the integrity of our company stand because of our unwillingness to support the relocation of jobs to any country where the people get paid $0.75/ hr.

I also appreciate that our loyal customers would rather buy from us, and trust me, we want your business!!

In the mean time, we are working hard to find the next solution, and an outstanding product made completely in America, or at least in a country that pays a living wage.

Thanks for reading, and for supporting a living wage.

-Adam:patriot:

Very VERY good stuff there Adam! I encourage everybody to go to that site and look at the average salaries of some of the other countries. All the numbers appear to be for 2005 but still, if you don't feel privileged to live here then I don't know what to do with you!

I was under the impression that the guns were assembled in the USA, is that not correct? Wouldn't we still be supporting American families by purchasing a gun that they just assembled instead of made? Granted the raw parts were made in Taiwan, but if they shipped them over to an American facility and we put it together then aren't we getting some money from that? I'm with you here, I want as few of my hard earned dollars going to China and Taiwan as possible (God knows I send enough to Dubai for oil!) and if a 100% American made gun cannot be sourced entirely from a company, wouldn't it be slightly better to at least support an American company who assembles the guns?

Just out of curiosity; was the quick release coupler, the white bowl, or the black plastic sprayer found out to be made in Taiwan as well? If not maybe offer a gun-less foam apparatus? Or maybe rig up a pet**** style valve to replace the gun?

Indeed, the gun alone was made in Taiwan. I understand the point, and getting the customers the wanted product was the goal.

Isn't it our responsibility to work as hard as possible, to find a great product made in the USA, or, at least made in a country that pays a working wage?

I feel responsible! It would be much easier to sell Chinese or Taiwanese products all day long, and we would be significantly more profitable doing so. That's not how we roll, however. . .

If you care to have a gun, I believe one of our strongest distributors, Grabiak Chevrolet in PA has some USA units on hand, ask to speak with Ray:

Grabiak Chevrolet

8282 Route 22

New Alexandria, PA 15670

Phone: 724-668-2231

gpc@grabiak.com

www.gpcperformance.com

Indeed, the gun alone was made in Taiwan. I understand the point, and getting the customers the wanted product was the goal.

Isn't it our responsibility to work as hard as possible, to find a great product made in the USA, or, at least made in a country that pays a working wage?

I feel responsible! It would be much easier to sell Chinese or Taiwanese products all day long, and we would be significantly more profitable doing so. That's not how we roll, however. . .

If you care to have a gun, I believe one of our strongest distributors, Grabiak Chevrolet in PA has some USA units on hand, ask to speak with Ray:

Grabiak Chevrolet

8282 Route 22

New Alexandria, PA 15670

Phone: 724-668-2231

gpc@grabiak.com

www.gpcperformance.com

Wow,this is really becoming a EPIC thread.

Thats VERY admirable of you Adam.To sacrifice your company's (AdamsPolishes)) potential profit dollars to another source.

Definetly turning away profits to stand behind your word.Profit's are what keep a company in buisness but i'm thinking your integrity will carry you and your company A LONG WAY!:cheers:

Wow,this is really becoming a EPIC thread.

Thats VERY admirable of you Adam.To sacrifice your company's (AdamsPolishes)) potential profit dollars to another source.

Definetly turning away profits to stand behind your word.Profit's are what keep a company in buisness but i'm thinking your integrity will carry you and your company A LONG WAY!:cheers:

Thanks Moz, and ask any of our team members, we would not operate as we do if profit was our #1 goal. Some day, we will have a juicy, profitable company.

I need to sleep well at night, and knowing that we sell great products, and don't sacrifice any American jobs helps much.:thumbsup:

Everybody knows that's not how you roll Adam that's the reason I am, and will continue to be, an avid supporter of your product! I was just stating that a "semi-American made" product would be better than no product until a true 100% American made product can be sourced.

I already have the gun and the only way anybody is getting it from me is to pry it from my pruney, detail spray stained hands!

Everybody knows that's not how you roll Adam that's the reason I am, and will continue to be, an avid supporter of your product! I was just stating that a "semi-American made" product would be better than no product until a true 100% American made product can be sourced.

I already have the gun and the only way anybody is getting it from me is to pry it from my pruney, detailed spray stained hands!

:lol: That's classic Kyle! I hope to have an option for our customers soon. You are kind, and thanks for your understanding!

Archived