Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailed: Shelby Cobra CSX4000 427 S/C Carbon Body!!

Mario Gambacortta

I recently had the opportunity to do a full paint correction on this amazing full carbon fiber body Cobra. The car had some shipping damage do to some loose straps, which rubbed across most of the hood. The rest of the car was also long overdue for a detail.

Adam and I also had the opportunity to test our soon to be released new compound and 7.5" foam pad. Hope you enjoy!

The before photos:

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

I started with the engine compartment. It was sprayed down with Adam's Waterless Wash and agitated and wiped with a Waterless Wash Towel and Adam's Premium Trim & Lug Nut Brush.

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

All metal surfaces were treated with Adam's Metal Polish and a microfiber applicator.

IMG_0458.jpg

50/50 shot:

IMG_0459.jpg

Adam's Revive Polish was used on the engine bay painted surfaces.

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

Wheels were up next. Fender wells and tires were soaked with Adam's All Purpose Cleaner and scrubbed with a fender brush.

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

Green Wheel Cleaner and brushes:

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

The exterior just had some light dust on it, so it was cleaned with Waterless Wash and a towel (plus I didn't have the convertible top).

IMG_0464.jpg

Old wax build up was removed from badges and hard to reach spots

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

On to the paint correction. Here are some of the very deep strap wear marks:

IMG_0469.jpg

Close up photos of before condition:

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

Adam's Clay Bar in action.

IMG_0473.jpg

Mr. Adam Pitale stopped by to test our new compound and foam pad with me.

IMG_0475.jpg

Wet sanding with 2000/2500 grit sand paper was the only option on some scratches (not for the light of heart on a $100K+ car!).

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

Compound and new green foam pad:

IMG_0479.jpg

Results after compounding with the Flex:

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

Finishing polish steps were completed with Adam's Swirl & Haze Remover followed by Fine Machine Polish.

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

Brilliant Glaze was applied to increase the depth and reflection of the paint.

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

Two coats of Adam's Americana Premium Paste Wax were the finishing touches.

IMG_0499.jpg

Rubber and trim were protected with Adam's Super VRT and In & Out Spray.

IMG_0504.jpg

The interior was tackled last. The floor mats were removed and cleaned with Adam's Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner.

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

Leather seats were scrubbed with with Adam's Leather and Interior Cleaner, and protected with Leather Conditioner.

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

And finally the results:

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

:cheers:

I hate you guys!! You always get to detail cool stuff! You know the last 3 cars I got to detail?

1. 2007 Dodge Caravan with baby vomit on the carpet and seats.

2. 2000 Dodge Intrepid.

3. 1997 Honda Civic with the most tacky body kit I have seen.

But seriously amazing work guys! I takes some juevos to put sandpaper to carbon fiber!

While I completely respect the work completed on the car. I'm getting hung up on the BRG and Yellow contrasting colors. The yellow on the car is a bit much for me.

Great job on the detail. Can't wait to hear more about this new pad and compound.

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone. I would love to give more detail about the compound and foam pad but we are still fine tuning everything. I can say this new compound has some of the best dimensioning abrasives I have ever used! Its open work time is so long it finishes like a polish! Stay tuned for more to come...:drool:

Amazing job Mario, that looked like a fun one!

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone. I would love to give more detail about the compound and foam pad but we are still fine tuning everything. I can say this new compound has some of the best dimensioning abrasives I have ever used! Its open work time is so long it finishes like a polish! Stay tuned for more to come...:drool:

Agreed... this new stuff is a joy to work with for really heavy corrections. :banana:

Archived