Customer Service 866.965.0400

DA buffers..

Guest Uncle Jesse

Question

Guest Uncle Jesse

What brand do most of you guys use? How do you like it? Why that one over another brand? If i am posting in the wrong section, please move me to the appropriate space. Thanks!

21 answers to this question

What do you think of the Griots one? Looks cheap.

I love it, it is a far better machine with more power than the PC. Also, has a Lifetime Warranty. IMO it can look as cheap as it wants as long as it performs the way it's supposed to.

IMO it can look as cheap as it wants as long as it performs the way it's supposed to.

Agreed but when you buy something off the internet looks are everything. Especially when there are no videos of it.

Edited by Kingsford

I have 3 DA's, here is the order from favorite to least

1. Flex 3401

2. Griots Garage 6"

3. PC 7424xp

Mato,

How do you like that 6" Griots? Will it accept a 4" BP??

I was looking for a little more correction capabilities than the PCXP?

BTW,

Sorry for the HI-Jack "Uncle Jesse"

Mato,

How do you like that 6" Griots? Will it accept a 4" BP??

I was looking for a little more correction capabilities than the PCXP?

It is a great machine, it is an improvement over the PC. It does not bog down as much when pressure is applied and has less vibration. I feel it corrects much faster than the PC (This also depends on your technique/experience).

It accepts a 5/8" adapter, anything that fits the PC will fit the Griots.

Guest Uncle Jesse

Awesome info guys! I currently live in an apartment, but my soon-to-be-wife and i will be buying a house early next year. It's pointless for me to have a DA now, as i don't have 400' of extension cord to get from my apartment to the parking lot, lol. I have very limited experiance with a DA, way back in high school i had a buddy who painted cars and helped me work on mine. I buffed out the hood on my Regal.. had more fish-eyes than the Atlantic ocean...that was using a DA with compressed air. Don't need that, just a good solid piece. It's painful to work on my F150 all at once... more of a workout than the P90X i do! Thanks guys!

It is a great machine, it is an improvement over the PC. It does not bog down as much when pressure is applied and has less vibration. I feel it corrects much faster than the PC (This also depends on your technique/experience).

It accepts a 5/8" adapter, anything that fits the PC will fit the Griots.

X2! I love my GG DA, only draw back is "Made in China." I replaced my old second hand PC with it and I prefer it big time, just wish it was made in :patriot: and not China.

X2! I love my GG DA, only draw back is "Made in China." I replaced my old second hand PC with it and I prefer it big time, just wish it was made in :patriot: and not China.

I just went out to the garage to check my Griot's Garage buffer. There is nothing on it to indicate that it was made in China. I checked the box and the instructions and I can't find any indication of the country of manufacture. Mine is about 3 years old so it could be US made and the newer ones made in China. Having said that, I just bought a Porter Cable cordless drill assuming it was made in America. Looking closely at the bottom revealed that it was made in China. That makes me wonder about the newer Porter Cable buffers.

I just checked my Griot's Garage 3" buffer. It is "designed in the USA, made in China". The smaller buffer is only about a year old so Griot's must have changed their manufacturer to China. You just never know........................

Yup, that's what mine says too...:(

China is a deal breaker for us, and we simply don't support companies that import from China.

We are going to be bringing on the Flex XC3401 soon, and while it's made in Germany, at least that's a first world country, of people earning a living wage, above $250/ year.

If you are looking to get outstanding correction, and plan to stay away from a rotary buffer, the Flex XC3401 is the best machine to go with.

Stay tuned for an announcement from us, with a new Polisher, new pad, and new polish to compliment the system . . .

:thumbsup:

We are going to be bringing on the Flex XC3401 soon, and while it's made in Germany, at least that's a first world country, of people earning a living wage, above $250/ year.

I'd rather support countries like the US and Germany before China and Taiwan!

Oh and by the way Adam... You MAY have just passed Dylan for the biggest tease on the forum!

:lurk: Super excited! Makes me wish it was April!