Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question About Pad (Yellow, Orange,White,etc) Wear

Awesome_SS

Question

13 answers to this question

Number of things including the ones you listed.

Over time the velcro will loose its stick, the structure of the foam will start to deteriorate, the pads don't come completely clean, you aren't getting results like you should be.

Depending on how aggressive/hard you are on the pads you can expect around 15 corrections out of a set of pads... the orange seem to not last as long, primarily b/c they're doing the brunt of the work, while white is just finishing things up and black is only application. Care and storage also play a roll... storing pads while still damp can cause mildew rot, free spinning pads to dry degrades the velcro faster. Using a pad while its still wet (heavy) will stress the velcro and adhesive...

Theres so many factors that go into pad life its hard to put a number on it exactly.

Ok, I'm new to Adam's products...have the yellow, orange, white and gray pads.

Am I correct to assume that the yellow and orange pad is for the MSH remover, with the yellow pad being more aggressive?

On my Black car I used the Yellow pad and then did the car again with the orange pad. The paint looks great...

Ok, I'm new to Adam's products...have the yellow, orange, white and gray pads.

Am I correct to assume that the yellow and orange pad is for the MSH remover, with the yellow pad being more aggressive?

On my Black car I used the Yellow pad and then did the car again with the orange pad. The paint looks great...

The Yellow pad is the most aggresive followed by Orange, White and Grey. Yellow and Orange used for SHR and White used for FMP and the Grey MSW!:thumbsup:

...Depending on how aggressive/hard you are on the pads you can expect around 15 corrections out of a set of pads...

You're right, depending on how hard you are on the pressure. I used Adam's technique of max pressure on a setting of six when I spent the night in the warehouse getting "Rocket Roy's" Vette ready for the next day. It took 2 orange pads to complete the entire car and they were toast when I was done.

adams_wh12.jpg

That's another reason I don't do it that way! :willy:

The car looked excellent when I was finished though!

adams_wh6.jpg

adams_wh5.jpg

roy_coupe1.jpg

roy_coupe2.jpg

You're right, depending on how hard you are on the pressure. I used Adam's technique of max pressure on a setting of six when I spent the night in the warehouse getting "Rocket Roy's" Vette ready for the next day. It took 2 orange pads to complete the entire car and they were toast when I was done.

Whoa.......Spooky.

Archived