Customer Service 866.965.0400

WINTER WEATHER IS COMING - plan accordingly

Winter is starting to take hold and for many of you this means some pretty low temperatures. As such its important that if you do decide to order that you make sure your packages get to you not frozen!

Standard Ground Shipping, especially if it will be in transit over a weekend, means the packages will sit in a non-temperature controlled truck for a period of time. This latency will many times result in frozen product, but to avoid this there are a few things you can do:

• Order on Monday- Ordering on Monday ensures that the package will be shipping and arrive to you with no layover during the weekend and thus won't sit in a truck exposed to the low temps.

• Select 2nd Day Air- Packages shipped using this expedited shipping option will move on weekends and thus won't sit in the truck. Also the bulk of the transport is via jet in a controlled environment.

• Deliver to Your Office- If you won't be home to accept delivery change your shipping address to your place of business. A package left on a doorstep is all but guaranteed to be an ice cube by the time you get home if the weather is cold.

• Call Us- The Adam's team is always willing to come up with an option to help you get your products if you need them and in their non-popsicle form. If you're not sure about how your should order or arrange delivery call us and we can help make sure you get your order shipped in the best method to prevent freezing.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Winter is starting to take hold and for many of you this means some pretty low temperatures. As such its important that if you do decide to order that you make sure your packages get to you not frozen!

Standard Ground Shipping, especially if it will be in transit over a weekend, means the packages will sit in a non-temperature controlled truck for a period of time. This latency will many times result in frozen product, but to avoid this there are a few things you can do:

• Order on Monday- Ordering on Monday ensures that the package will be shipping and arrive to you with no layover during the weekend and thus won't sit in a truck exposed to the low temps.

• Select 2nd Day Air- Packages shipped using this expedited shipping option will move on weekends and thus won't sit in the truck. Also the bulk of the transport is via jet in a controlled environment.

• Deliver to Your Office- If you won't be home to accept delivery change your shipping address to your place of business. A package left on a doorstep is all but guaranteed to be an ice cube by the time you get home if the weather is cold.

• Call Us- The Adam's team is always willing to come up with an option to help you get your products if you need them and in their non-popsicle form. If you're not sure about how your should order or arrange delivery call us and we can help make sure you get your order shipped in the best method to prevent freezing.

Good info,especially the:

"not wanting your order sitting in a truck over the weekend"

Thank You for the heads-up Dylan :cheers:

there was some fresh snow on the Rockys this week, but it is pretty much gone now, yes the cold weather is on the way. Maybe some of that white stuff next Tues.:(

Dylan you forgot option five, pick it up in person!:burnout:

Bluezey:pc:

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Yeah, I lost a gallon of APC that I had broken up into recycled Adam's sprayer bottles. The bottoms of the bottles cracked in the heat and well.... Had a little discoloration in some WW too. Turned greyish. Still smells like a tropical mixed drink tho!

I'm clearing a space in the house this weekend to bring all my product indoors. May have to get out the wheelbarrow for that load. Ugh.

All chemicals despise temperature changes, especially when they are below 45 or above 85.:2thumbs: Hope this helps!

I keep my polishes and waxes in the house. Everything else lives in the hot garage, but survives ok.

Guest Gone & Forgotten
Bob, the previous formula of WW would do that, turn grey I mean.

Doesn't affect its usefulness though!

Thanks Nordgrey! Was wondering why it was the only product changing colors on me. NinefootNic (my homie) gave me a gallon of it when I first got into Adam's last year. I don't use it that much and have actually given a few bottles away myself.

:rockon:

• 1 month later...
Thanks Nordgrey! Was wondering why it was the only product changing colors on me. NinefootNic (my homie) gave me a gallon of it when I first got into Adam's last year. I don't use it that much and have actually given a few bottles away myself.

:rockon:

I thought I was the only one! I received two cases (8gal) this summer and they came grey. I chose not to sell them cause they didn't match the 16oz color. I've been using them up on my own stuff. Works just fine!

grrr i hope weather clears for shipping my order status has said not shipped since Thursday (4days) ahhhhhh lol ....... getting anxious to make some cash lol

UPDATE................ IT SHIPPED

|0.9000 on 11/29/2010 8:51:26 AM Tracking

That's one of the reasons I went with my OEM wheels for my winter tires. At least it looks half way decent!

Of course finding 2x 225/45 R18 and 2x 245/45 R18 winter tires was an abject lesson in interweb searching! The selection is amazingly slim........ and PRICEY!!!

:lolsmack:

Of course finding 2x 225/45 R18 and 2x 245/45 R18 winter tires was an abject lesson in interweb searching! The selection is amazingly slim........ and PRICEY!!!

:lolsmack:

Which is why I went with my size... Also, a higher sidewall is MUCH needed in the snowy months. These are 55 series and stock are 40 series 245's. Plus they don't make the WS's in the larger sizes. The WS's are always rated very high for the price and I can see why. :rockon:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=78553&postcount=6

Chris

Archived