Customer Service 866.965.0400

Applicator for New Brilliant Glaze

TR6speed

Question

What is the best applicator for applying the new Brilliant Glaze. I have always applied the spray glaze with a microfiber pad, can I still use it, or should I use one of the new applicator pads from Adams?

10 answers to this question

I have used the microfiber pad and it worked fine for me. It might absorb a little more product, but my Americana pads are isolated for Americana only, hence using my go-to microfiber pad. It is noticeably glossier than the BSG.

A few reasons I like the Americana app better for hand application:

1) just like with waxes the foam apps apply much more evenly, b/c you're grip and the applicator surface are isolated somewhat from one another, the face stays flat against the surface. This gives you a much more even, thin, coat. Easier for removal - and on dark colors uneven application can sometimes manifest into an uneven looking color. Microfiber apps are great, but they tend to bunch up when you grip them and the products isn't applied as evenly.

2) Product soaks in very easily into both apps, but with the foam you can squeeze it back to the surface pretty easily. With the MF its pretty much lost once it soaks into the core. Not a big deal, but it will cause you to burn thru product faster.

Archived