Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pads After Buffing & Polishing....

Kingsford

Question

I always see people posting pictures of their pads after they buff and polish their cars. What I almost always see is always different from what I see when I am done.

I see a lot of people's pads are extremely dirty, black... well just plan gross.

When I am done my pads always look, kind of the same as they did when I started. The yellow pad turns a little orange because of the product, orange pad is kind of dirty but not real dirty and the white pad just looks a little gray.

Am I doing something wrong? Are they supposed to be dirty or what?

2 answers to this question

I think you are in good shape. My pads got a little grayish the first time I used them, but my black HHR was bought used and someone had used a black wax on it, so the pads picked that up.

After the first time the pads were on the finish, they are pretty much the same color as yours. The orange pad looks orange, the white pad gets a touch off white due to the product, and the dark gray pad never changes color (MSW).

You're in good shape. Dirty pads just mean that the car was not throughly washed before polishing thus the dirty pads. If the car is washed properly, the pads will pick up swirl marks, fine scratches and will polish but not dust and dirt. My first time using the pads and polishing, I had this issue and I relaized because I was polishing the rear bumper and I didnt pass on it with wash mit, all the way down. Hope that helps

Archived