Customer Service 866.965.0400

The Junkman & Thompson Racing Combine for a Fall Detailing Seminar!

Well folks, I got to meet and shake hands with some more forum members and put on another detailing clinic. Eric of Thompson Racing held the event in his fabulous shop, which housed and array of interesting items. From "Bret" the pet boa constrictor to the transport rig that was bigger than my house, I was blown away at how nice his shop is. The automotive industry has come a long way from the greasy floors and toxic smells that I grew up experiencing.

Eric also treated me to the sites and scenes of Philadelphia like I have never experienced. Eric is a young man and he enjoys life to the fullest. I got to see the party scene and meet a bevy of ladies, a Junkman "must do prerequisite" wherever I go. :D

Enough of the gab, lets check out some pics. When I arrived, Eric treated me to the Prince of Steaks. A REAL cheese steak sandwich in a old school diner setting!

horsham0.jpg

horsham0a.jpg

Me getting my cheese steak on!

horsham1.jpg

When I got to the shop, something immediately caught my attention. His name was Bret.

horsham3a.jpg

horsham3.jpg

... but he turned out to be a big ol' softy. He was looking at me funny though!

horsham4.jpg

They had some sweet rides in that shop. Eric's brother had this Cadillac that I would have loved to cruise. This puppy had "babe magnet" written all over it!

horsham3b.jpg

horsham3c.jpg

horsham3d.jpg

Then there was their rig that they use to transport their race car. Good Lord, that thing is huge and nice!

horsham2.jpg

Alright, let's get to detailing! My subject for the detailing clinic was Eric's 2008 Viper convertible. This thing has a V-10 engine in it and pulls like a enraged gorilla! I bet we hit 150Mph coming from the airport! :drool:

horsham5.jpg

Now one thing about a picture of a car, you can hide a lot of flaws by shooting it in the right light and from a distance. But you all know me. If I want to see what the paint looks like, I really look at the paint. Here's what the flash test revealed, and this was taken after I washed the car. Keep in mind that this is Eric's daily driver and he drives the hell out of it so perfect, it will not be:

horsham6.jpg

Class was in!

horsham8.jpg

horsham9.jpg

So on with the clinic I went. After showing the proper wash and paint correction techniques, I brought everyone in close to inspect the paint. Jere's what it looked like:

horsham10.jpg

I also did a little wet sanding on a Camaro with a scratch that was really bothering a forum member. It was however, no match for my sandpaper!

horsham14.jpg

horsham15.jpg

At the clinic, I chose my "detailing darling of the day!" She was so attentive, that I think she'll be out-detailing her boyfriend (who just so happened to own that Camaro I was wet sanding on). If he does anything wrong in his detailing process, I can rest assured that she will let him know. I would try to spell her name, but I'll probably butcher it all up so just enjoy her cuteness! :D

horsham12.jpg

Eric to me out on the town Saturday night but that's a whole different thread! I'll just say that The Junkman does not have a short man's complex. The longer the legs, the happier I am. Gotta love a point guard! :D

horsham11.jpg

The Junkman

You are the MAN! Awesome photos Junk, and you absolutely always have fun.....that's one of your best qualities my friend!!:rockon:

Did you stay with Eric's family at, "the estate?"

Nah... he being a playa' himself, figured that I might run into some extra curricular activity and put me up and one of the local "pimp palaces". :lolsmack:

Thanks again for fixing the scratch on the Camaro AJ, I now feel much better :thumbsup:

Glad I could make the drive worthwhile for ya' man! :2thumbs:

Well Gabe, tell everyone your girlfriend's name (the "detailing darling of the day")! I was going to try and spell it but I knew I would butcher it to death! You are one lucky man. She has an electric personality and seems like a ball of fun to hang out with. Anyone woman who comes to a detailing clinic on a beautiful Saturday with you is a KEEPER! :D

:lol::lol::lol:

smiley_pimp.gif

The transport truck is really neat. Did you get a pic of the race car?? I can only see a small bit of it.

I would have never expected you to hold that snake. :willy::willy:

Nice jacket AJ. pimp1.gif

Yea, brutha's and snakes don't exactly have this storied history together, especially one that big. However, I'm part Cherokee.

Nah, I'm lyin'! :lolsmack:

The race car was top secret so I can't share any details but my goodness, that thing had a motor in it!

Glad I could make the drive worthwhile for ya' man! :2thumbs:

Well Gabe, tell everyone your girlfriend's name (the "detailing darling of the day")! I was going to try and spell it but I knew I would butcher it to death! You are one lucky man. She has an electric personality and seems like a ball of fun to hang out with. Anyone woman who comes to a detailing clinic on a beautiful Saturday with you is a KEEPER! :D

It is worthwhile just for the fun and education, I had so much fun :thumbsup:

Her name is Karina and thank you for the beautiful words, I'll let her know you said that, actually I dont have to, I sent her the link for the thread this morning and she's keepin up with the posts as we speak/write :D

Yeah SHE IS a keeper, she's great, she's probably the only person who actually doesn't mind and like to listen to me talking about Adam's products and detailing in general, and ask questions about what each product does, plus she gets impressed when I remove a scratch with the PC :lol:

AJ ..... as usual your pictures manage to capture what a character you are and yet still show us all of the great work you do :thumbsup:

I always look forward to all of the pictures when you attend a show as they never disappoint.

Thanks Buddy! I try and live every day like it is my last. I'm just a 47 year old kid! :D:cheers:

Archived