Customer Service 866.965.0400

Road Paint Removal!

THE Mook

Question

AHHHHH!

Morning Everyone, so, the wife took her Kona Blue Mica Mazda 6 thru apparently a road with wet paint on it, then directly thru a mud pit. She swears she didn't she anything. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA sure.

At any rate, I now have myself a little project. She managed to get wet white paint in all four wheel wells, and then also down the driver's side part of the vehicle.

Any suggestions on removing this without buying a new paint job? I have a basic idea now, but I did aquire a PC over the weekend, and figured that and some juice and a clay may be needed?

Thank You!

Chris

23 answers to this question

PBE store?

Paint & Body Equipment. It is the paint store for the auto-body guys, a step up from the auto parts stores' selection. Try searching for "auto paint supply denver pa" - maybe P & B Auto Paint Supply in your area.

a couple weeks ago they were repainting the lines on a road they recently paved here... they had one lane closed and were spraying paint on the ground literally 2 feet from passing cars!!!

i saw it and pulled as far into the shoulder as i could, when i got to my destination i looked over the entire car and luckily didn't have any road paint over spray on it!

a couple weeks ago they were repainting the lines on a road they recently paved here... they had one lane closed and were spraying paint on the ground literally 2 feet from passing cars!!!

i saw it and pulled as far into the shoulder as i could, when i got to my destination i looked over the entire car and luckily didn't have any road paint over spray on it!

Man you dodged a bullet!:2thumbs:

Ok, So I did my paint removal today. Here are the pictures.

P1000147.jpg

P1000153.jpg

P1000150.jpg

P1000149.jpg

And now the after pictures.

P1000162.jpg

P1000161.jpg

P1000156.jpg

P1000155.jpg

And this is my arsenal of products to remove the paint. First I used the brake cleaner. I know it is nasty stuff, but tough problems require tough solutions. Rest assured that I tried it in inconspicuous areas first. Followed by all purpose cleaner on the plastic. Followed by SHR on the paint. followed by Americana. I then sprayed the wheel wells with the 3M after removing as much as I could. Got it all, I am :banana:

P1000154.jpg

When you said you had some paint off the road on your vehicle I thought just a couple specks..but WHAT THE HELL!! Thats like you drove through potholes filled with yellow paint.

Dang that was a HUGE save there...great job! I'd even want to vote for that as detail of the year and its only a side panel, door and wheel well. :2thumbs:

When you said you had some paint off the road on your vehicle I thought just a couple specks..but WHAT THE HELL!! Thats like you drove through potholes filled with yellow paint.

Dang that was a HUGE save there...great job! I'd even want to vote for that as detail of the year and its only a side panel, door and wheel well. :2thumbs:

Thanks for the kind words. It always feels good when you can save something that looked so hopeless. Just to set the record straight, it was not my car. It belongs to one of my customers needless to say she was very pleased. Thanks again for the comments:)