Customer Service 866.965.0400

A couple of questions

InDepthAutoDetailing

Question

First I'm new to here but not new to wanting a perfectly detailed car (or truck). I've always looked for something better to wash and wax my vehicles. I found the Adam's stuff a couple of weeks ago and finally ordered the Junkman's Kit + a yellow pad for the PC. I have a PC 7424xp.

PICS HERE

The truck had a diamond plate toolbox that was loose and when they would open it it scratched the back glass. Any way to fix this?

The under carriage. Should I just clean it as good as possible then get some flat black paint to finish it off? Is there something better than just painting it? Will the Adam's Under Carriage Spray be ok on the flat black paint?

Water spots. I did a test area on the hood with a clay bar then the PC with Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and repeated the process again with no luck. Will the Adam's take care of these?

The windows and the chrome also have the water spots. I think someone gave this thing a bath with acid water and let it set in the sun.

Looking forward to the feedback.

One more thing, Where can I get one of the foaming guns like in the videos?

Thanks,

Len

63B6E134-6721-EF28-C80E-16B2FB0B1DB1

1.03.0163B6E134-6721-EF28-C80E-16B2FB0B1DB1

Edited by InDepthAutoDetailing

3 answers to this question

The truck had a diamond plate toolbox that was loose and when they would open it it scratched the back glass. Any way to fix this?

Probably not. You could try some polish, but you may need something more aggressive and faster than PC for glass polishing.

The under carriage. Should I just clean it as good as possible then get some flat black paint to finish it off? Is there something better than just painting it? Will the Adam's Under Carriage Spray be ok on the flat black paint?

UCS will help and work on top of the flat black paint.

Water spots. I did a test area on the hood with a clay bar then the PC with Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and repeated the process again with no luck. Will the Adam's take care of these?

The PC with an orange pad and Swirl & Haze Remover should work on this. You may have to resort the yellow pad though.

The windows and the chrome also have the water spots. I think someone gave this thing a bath with acid water and let it set in the sun.

Try clay then vinegar. May need the orange pad and SHR.

One more thing, Where can I get one of the foaming guns like in the videos?

They are out of stock right now. The supplier claimed they were delivering all US made parts, but that was not the case. Hopefully this will be rectified soon and they'll be available again.

Thanks. I think you answered all of my questions. Looks like I'll be buying some flat black paint tomorrow. My Adam's stuff won't be here until Friday or Saturday.

Something else stupid they did was drive the truck without any boots on the CV joints. The shocks and control arms are covered with grease. Gotta get that cleaned off also.

Thanks again,

Len

63B6E134-6721-EF28-C80E-16B2FB0B1DB1

1.03.0163B6E134-6721-EF28-C80E-16B2FB0B1DB1