Customer Service 866.965.0400

Applying Badges

wishywashy

Question

I'm not for sure if this is the correct forum for this question so feel free to point me in the right direction but here it is...

I am wanting to take my "H"'s off of my civic and paint them black and reapply them. I know how to take them off with a heat gun and a piece of fishing line, but my question is, what is the best way to put them back on and make sure they won't fall off later?

10 answers to this question

The hard part is getting all the old tape off the emblem and cutting the new tape so it sits down inside of the emblem. There always seems to be a valley in which the tape sits in. I've found it's easier to just buy a new emblem and start from scratch, but that's just me...

Chris

I would search for some overlays that will be alot easier then going through all this process and you will want to be careful and maybe someone can tell me im wrong here but im thinking they a screwed into your trunk or have holes. I knew someone who tried that back in HS and it left nasty holes that he tried welding up and it was a mess (he was going through a bad ricer phase lol) it was an integra btw. I think no badge is the best way to go.

I would search for some overlays that will be alot easier then going through all this process and you will want to be careful and maybe someone can tell me im wrong here but im thinking they a screwed into your trunk or have holes. I knew someone who tried that back in HS and it left nasty holes that he tried welding up and it was a mess (he was going through a bad ricer phase lol) it was an integra btw. I think no badge is the best way to go.

I think that mine is just stuck on there, i'm pretty sure that it isn't screwed on. You don't have to worry about me going all ricer with my civic haha, just want it clean and simple.:thumbsup:

Archived