Customer Service 866.965.0400

Anyone have Experience with detailing Boats?

Neil Broeker

Question

Anyone have any experience detailing Boats? I have been approached by several clients, that are pleased with the work I have done on their vehicles, whether I would be interested in detailing their boats. Anything in particular that is different than a vehicles to watch out for. Thanks.

11 answers to this question

I did a boat this past spring and it worked out really well actually its just a pain because its hard to see the swirl and haze remover on a white boat more difficult to see it break down. I also have some fiberglass compound for boats and rvs from another site havent tried it yet but someone said it works really good.

I always used 3M's finesit (sp?) but Adams NEW Mean Green would probably work much better... I keep our boat nice enough that I don't have to use anything this abrasive anymore, but I've done boats as large as 38ft and it's a PITA for sure without the right tools and supplies.

Chris

Thanks guys. Once I have some pictures of the Boat I will post. I have not seen the condition of the finish or what type of paint and substrate I am dealing with.

I hope its not one of those boats that have sat in the water all summer. I have seen some nastiness growing on some of them in my area.

I have detailed my boat for the last 2 years with Adam's in the Spring. I love the way the water splashes up on the boat and the water just sits there and beads. :rockon:

I notice nothing mentioned about performing a clay bar operation on the boat. Is there a reson for this?

You can do it for sure!

Most of the time our boat only stays in the elements for a few hours and then gets covered up so fall out and other dirt isn't really an issue.

You can clay just about any solid non porous surface so have at it!

Chris

Archived