Customer Service 866.965.0400

Before I get started with Adam's

InDepthAutoDetailing

Question

I have the Junkman's Kit coming tomorrow. I just placed an order for the Interior Kit, The Wheel & Undercarriage Kit and a Blo-N-Vac.

In the last 3 weeks I have clayed, polished, and waxed my car, truck, and suv with less than Adam's products. With less than desired results.

Before I start with the Adam's do I need to strip the old wax off with something? I keep reading about wax buildup. If so what should I use?

Thanks,

Len

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Len,

CONGRATS on getting your 1st order! :cheers:

Wash with Dawn or Adam's, 1 wash should do it, just trying to get the grime and contaminants off the surfaces before you clay. Claying will get the rest of the contaminants off if ya do it properly. Lots of Detail Spray and lots of folding the contaminants into the clay while working it.

Remember, once you do that, any wax that may have been on the vehicle is pretty much void, so you should make sure you can finish the car before putting it out in the elements. Get that halogen out too...

Call me if ya need anything. - I PM'd ya my cell the other day.

i clean mine and spin em out, you may be using too much product at one time.

nice pics. good work. how'd that engine bay turn out?

Haven't finished it yet. I'm waiting on my second shipment (VRT is in it). About to place a third. Looking back I should have ordered the biggest kit then added a gallon of everything.

Thanks,

Len

After 15 hours of trial and error the outside of the Lincoln is done

Pics:

Lincoln Before

Lincoln After

I had to return it to my sister before I could get more finished pics.

She's suppose to take some tomorrow if it's not raining.

These Adam's products are AMAZING!

Lesson learned: Be sure to turn off the PC before lifting off the surface. Took me about 25 minutes to pick the dirt out of my yellow pad. LOL

About the orange pad, are they suppose to cake up to the point where you have SHR particles going everywhere?

Or was I using too much?

Thanks,

Len

Nice job!:2thumbs:

As far as the orange/shr it's called dusting. I've been struggling with that myself but have come to realize I was using too much product on and wasn't paying attention to keep the pad flat while polishing. Use less SHR and even on every other pass just spritz the pad with DS and it will use up some of the leftover on the pad.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

i clean mine and spin em out, you may be using too much product at one time.

nice pics. good work. how'd that engine bay turn out?

After 15 hours of trial and error the outside of the Lincoln is done

Pics:

Lincoln Before

Lincoln After

I had to return it to my sister before I could get more finished pics.

She's suppose to take some tomorrow if it's not raining.

These Adam's products are AMAZING!

Lesson learned: Be sure to turn off the PC before lifting off the surface. Took me about 25 minutes to pick the dirt out of my yellow pad. LOL

About the orange pad, are they suppose to cake up to the point where you have SHR particles going everywhere?

Or was I using too much?

Thanks,

Len

The Lincoln has been washed with dawn and clayed. I already used a full bottle of DS and almost a full bottle of APC. Glad I also ordered gallons. I did the tires, wheel wells, and engine with APC. DS only used on claying so far.

Am I using too much?

I am very impressed with all the Adam's products so far.

Len,

You GOTTA put up some interior before/after pics man.

When I first hit your seat with that interior cleaner, I thought it was eating the dye out of the leather... for about 2 blinks, then I realized... wow... Adam's is so amazing. To bad ya can't post how it feels before/after the conditioner. I know my seats were neglected and nasty when I got my car. Cleaning was one thing, but then I conditioned them with Adam's and let it sit for a little while... man. Like buttuh baby.

Will do. I haven't taken many pics of the inside because of the way it looks. Before and after pics of it though will really show what the interior cleaner can do.

My first shipment has arrived.

WooHoo!!!!! Great packing. I was a little concerned about ordering liquids.

Now if school will hurry up and let the kids out so I can get started!

To make sure I get this right and get the best possible results.

First up is my sister's Lincoln Zephyr (I think that's how it's spelled).

I think it's an '06, she's had it about 6 months.

Since I'm not sure of the last time it was waxed (or what was used) should I just start with Dawn?

If I do the Dawn can I go straight to claying after of do I need to rewash with the Adam's?

Should the car be dried between the washing and claying?

Haven't seen that covered in a video. Or I missed it.

Sorry for so many questions just want to make sure I get this right.

Thanks,

Len

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Len,

You GOTTA put up some interior before/after pics man.

When I first hit your seat with that interior cleaner, I thought it was eating the dye out of the leather... for about 2 blinks, then I realized... wow... Adam's is so amazing. To bad ya can't post how it feels before/after the conditioner. I know my seats were neglected and nasty when I got my car. Cleaning was one thing, but then I conditioned them with Adam's and let it sit for a little while... man. Like buttuh baby.

Yeah I haven't been able to get all the micro scratches out of mine yet. But it was so hot this summer the product was drying too fast I think. I was able to get rid of the swirls though. I got some more work to do now that its cooled off a little.

My truck has a 6" BDS suspension, Zone 1.5 Body lift, 18x9 Mamba M2 wheels, and 305/70/18 Mickey Thompson ATZ.

Nice. Mine's setting on 6" Fabtech 3" body with 40s on 17x9s I'm going to downsize a little on the tires in the future. Not enough room for the 40s.

By that time I might have enough practice to tackle the black monster. It will take a while and I know some scratches will not come out (too deep) but I want all the swirl marks and water spots GONE.

Brad, What lift, wheels and tires are on your Chevy?

Yeah I haven't been able to get all the micro scratches out of mine yet. But it was so hot this summer the product was drying too fast I think. I was able to get rid of the swirls though. I got some more work to do now that its cooled off a little.

My truck has a 6" BDS suspension, Zone 1.5 Body lift, 18x9 Mamba M2 wheels, and 305/70/18 Mickey Thompson ATZ.

Actually the Crew Cab will be in a couple of weeks. Saturday I'll be doing my sister's Lincoln Zephyr. Thursday my brother's Toyota Tundra (very neglected). Friday my Mom's Nissan Altima. Saturday my Accord then my wife's SUV.

By that time I might have enough practice to tackle the black monster. It will take a while and I know some scratches will not come out (too deep) but I want all the swirl marks and water spots GONE.

Brad, What lift, wheels and tires are on your Chevy?

Thanks. I think I've already watched at least 20 hours of video. I have some before pics here

Will post after pics later. I would put pics in the post but haven't figured out how to resize correctly using iPhoto. It either ends up too small or too big. Plus I don't really use my mobileme for anything else.

Thanks

Archived