Customer Service 866.965.0400

questions...questions and more questions

09vdubgti

Question

Hi all,

I have a quick question, I just looked at my stash of microfiber towels and I thought I had some that are still clean and nope theyre all dirty. Can I use some adams car shampoo and hand wash them? Also can i dry them on the drier?

Another question, I'll be detailing another GTI tomorrow BUT this will be my first time detailing in colder weather so im a bit concerned. Tomorrows temperature will be 56 degrees, so im wondering how will the consistency of the Swirl n Haze removal be? I know during the summer it takes a bit more time to break down, so im wondering if theres anything different about it since itll be colder?

Last question, since its going to be colder how long should I leave the MachineSuperWax on the car before removing it?

Also would you consider MSW a sealant? Just wondering....

Thank you, and im sure some of these may be noob questions, but i did so some searching...

21 answers to this question

I have a quick question, I just looked at my stash of microfiber towels and I thought I had some that are still clean and nope theyre all dirty. Can I use some adams car shampoo and hand wash them? Also can i dry them on the drier?

Someone tried this recently and said it worked, but the shampoo is made to be very gentle and NOT remove wax from the paint, so it probably will not clean the wax out of the towels either. Some use a special microfiber detergent, but others use regular clothes washing stuff. Check out the Junkman's thread on "Caring for your Mictofiber Towels" http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2117

No problem putting them in the dryer on LOW and NO fabric softener.

You can wash your micros in the washing machine with either Woolite or a liquid detergent. Don't use a powder one. And you can wash your glass micros with the others. Wash them on normal cycle. I use hot water and wash them twice. You can dry them in the dryer (I do, a lot of guys on here say don't) just don't use any fabric softener sheets. I know I'll get a lot of flaming for this, but I've been doing it this way for years and it works for me. They're microfiber...........not silk.

56 is cool, but not cold and if you're in the sun you won't have much or any problem. So just use the normal process with all your products. When you see haze, wipe it off.

Be sure to post up some pics, and if you have any problems during your detailing, we're here to help. :cheers:

awesome thanks will do...

I've been really heavily supporting Adams on the VW forums, i have people asking me why I only use adams for the most part when theres also company x and y. I simply tell them, it gets the job very well done, prices are reasonable, customer service is top notch, and its made right here in the USA. Cant go wrong with that...

You can wash your micros in the washing machine with either Woolite or a liquid detergent. Don't use a powder one. And you can wash your glass micros with the others. Wash them on normal cycle. I use hot water and wash them twice. You can dry them in the dryer (I do, a lot of guys on here say don't) just don't use any fabric softener sheets. I know I'll get a lot of flaming for this, but I've been doing it this way for years and it works for me. They're microfiber...........not silk.

56 is cool, but not cold and if you're in the sun you won't have much or any problem. So just use the normal process with all your products. When you see haze, wipe it off.

Be sure to post up some pics, and if you have any problems during your detailing, we're here to help. :cheers:

Rich could be my father -- we're of exactly the same mind on this. :2thumbs:

awesome thanks will do...

I've been really heavily supporting Adams on the VW forums, i have people asking me why I only use adams for the most part when theres also company x and y. I simply tell them, it gets the job very well done, prices are reasonable, customer service is top notch, and its made right here in the USA. Cant go wrong with that...

Which VW sites are you on? (and thanks for representing Adam's so well. :2thumbs:)

Which VW sites are you on? (and thanks for representing Adam's so well. :2thumbs:)

Im on golfmkv, golfmk6, vwvortex, eemilitia, audizine.....

thanks guys, im so excited for tomorrow. theres a car show on sunday, and the car is being entered to show so im really going to go all out tomorrow.

Ill ask the owner if its okay for me to take some pictures at the show with some adams products.

I'll wash my towels (separate..all Adams white towels together, blue waffle and window towels together, then all my older junk MFs together) in dye free hypoallergenic laundry detergent we use for our clothes. As far as drying I"ll run them through the fluff setting which is no heat for a cycle then hang them and they're dry by the morning.

As far as MSW in 50s..I've just done a couple cars and it's been in the high 40s and 50s in the garage at night while working. The MSW took a little bit longer to set up but not much..maybe 25-30 min from what I remember. I usually put it on and start cleaning up the garage then go back and use the PC and one of the white towels to buff it off mechanically.