Customer Service 866.965.0400

Antifreeze

Kustom_FX

Question

Well as some of you know my heater core pooped out in the SS: See Exhibit A

1002001139a.jpg

Well I think it may have been leaking for awhile, today I was vacuuming and noticed the smell of antifreeze again. I hit passenger side mat with some Adams Carpet cleaner, let it soak and the smell got worse! So I then took it in the house to my utility tub, and blasted it with a hose nozzle and hot water. Then gunk that ran out was black then ORANGE! Love Dex Cool. So I did a second helping of interior cleaner and rinse. The mats are clean and the water is running clear, but I still smell antifreeze, and I need some advice on how to get it out. Yes I know I can get new mats, BUT the problem is that its in the carpet of the passenger foot well also! I can't very well replace the carpet so easily. Per Dylan's suggestion I had a friend Ozone the thing, but it didn't work, and now I know why. Any help on this would be GREAT! I will guinea pig the mats then when I find a solution I will do it to the interior.

9 answers to this question

Have you tried just pulling up the carpet in that area, ripping the jute out from behind it and replacing that. That's where you smell is coming from. When you have the carpet up, make sure and wipe down the floor well very good before laying it all back down.

Have you tried just pulling up the carpet in that area, ripping the jute out from behind it and replacing that. That's where you smell is coming from. When you have the carpet up, make sure and wipe down the floor well very good before laying it all back down.

Well the cold is upon me so I just put some baking soda on the carpet under the winter mats and will have to wait till the thaw to try this out.

Thanks for the idea! I will give that a go for sure.

I think she meant shake it into the fibers of the mats and let it sit. Then vaccuum.I know we've done that for different "accidents" on the house carpets and it always seemed to work. Good luck bud.

Archived