Customer Service 866.965.0400

SHR question

BlueGenCoupe

Question

11 answers to this question

My question is, should i use the SHR before polish and wax? or can i just skip to the polish?

That is your call. Have you looked at the surface under different lights (e.g. full sunlight, inside under a single bulb and/or a halogen)? If you are happy with the way the paint looks, then just start with the polish.

Also, you could do a test area, 2ft x 2ft. Tape off that area, work the orange pad and SHR, and then compare to the untouched area. If you're happy, with the untouched area, then skip the SHR.

Just so that the terminology doesn't get confusing, SHR and FMP can both be considered polishes or compounds as they both are corrective in makeup. The same goes for Revive. The one thing that they are not is a wax, of course.

TECHNICALLY... they're both polishes, neither could be classified as a compound, but thats splitting hairs.

Go with the least aggressive first if you don't think the paint needs correction and don't let anyone else define your idea of 'perfect'.

TECHNICALLY... they're both polishes, neither could be classified as a compound, but thats splitting hairs.

Go with the least aggressive first if you don't think the paint needs correction and don't let anyone else define your idea of 'perfect'.

So what do you call a compound? Something with a paste consistency?

Most all your "compounds" contain Kaopolite powders (Aluminum Silicate /Hydrous Silicate). Aluminum Silicate can be refined down into a variety of different grits, or bites, to achieve different levels of grinding action. Many manufacturers are getting away from grit cutters and moving toward synthetic cutters due to the types of paints manufactured these days.

If you guys could produce your MSDS then you could establish what is your "compound" and what is your "polish". Have any of you ever read your MSDS on Adam's products? Do you actually know the chemical make-up of the product? However, even polishes contain Aluminum Silicate, it's just refined down to talcum and offers little to compounding, and more to leveling of the polish film (silicone's & glycerin). Chemical cutters and foam pads are the way to go on these paints today. Yet, you can still use yellow synthetic wool pads (a blend of synthetic fibers) and synthetic cutters to bring paint back, and still remove your cuts with foam and synthetic cutters.

Just thought I'd share. :pc: