Customer Service 866.965.0400

How much?

InDepthAutoDetailing

Question

How much SHR should I be using?

Just kidding. I watched the Junkman's "Slow Cut" video. Wish I had watched it sooner.

Now for the real question.

How much product do you keep on hand? I'm just a weekend warrior and just got started with Adam's. So I'm not real sure how quick I'll go through the product. I used an entire clay bar on my sister's Lincoln. I might would have gotten by with a little over half but the back end of the car was covered with overspray.

Since I can't just run down to the auto parts store and buy some more I'm just curious about what I should be stocked up on.

Thanks,

Len

9 answers to this question

Keep some extra Detail Spray, Waterless Wash, and APC on hand Len, the rest goes a long way!

Forgot, on that truck, you may use gallons of VRT and Undercarriage Spray!

:2thumbs:

Thanks Adam. I already have the APC and DS. I haven't Adamized the truck yet. It needs some TLC in the undercarriage department (cleaned and repainted). I have gallons of C&UC & GC on the way. I plan on using those in the house as well. Keeps the wife happy.

Thanks,

Len

Thanks Adam. I already have the APC and DS. I haven't Adamized the truck yet. It needs some TLC in the undercarriage department (cleaned and repainted). I have gallons of C&UC & GC on the way. I plan on using those in the house as well. Keeps the wife happy.

Thanks,

Len

Happy Wife, Happy Life!:jester:

Yea like Adam said goes a long way, I have done a Mazda 6, and Trailblazer, and I have around a 1/2 bottle of most of the paint correction and protection products. Except the Americana, 4 coats and it looks like I have never even used it! Now DS, APC, WW, and the car wash soap I have gone through more than a 1/2 GALLON of each. I saving my shopping for spring (read after I get Adams Gift Cards for the holidays!). Enjoy!

Well I have a Gallon of everything that comes in gallon form.

I have 2 bottles of SHR (1 bottle is pretty empty and lasted about 6 months. 1 bottle of Revive, 2 bottles of MSW because nothing sucks more than running out of wax half way through.

Pretty much once I get down to half on a bottle of polish or something like that I order another 16oz bottle.

I go through DS, WW, and GC the fastest.

My personal opinion:

MUST HAVE GALLONS -

• Detail Spray
  • All Purpose Cleaner
  • Waterless Wash
  • Car Wash

At least for me these are the absolute must have on hand in large quantity products even if you're just the weekend warrior type simply b/c the volume of which you'll use these.

Polishes and waxes go a long ways so for the mostpart a bottle will last you a long time. Plus as little as you need in each use you have plenty of time/can easily order with time to spare before you run out.

For larger trucks Undercarriage is nice to have on hand in gallons b/c you go thru it pretty quick dressing large fender openings.

In & Out seems to be best stocked in 3 cans and with all the plastic on the Avy I make a point to have 2 super VRT on hand at all times.