Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ready...... Set ..... STOP

musclejunkie

Question

Geeeesh! So, I recently ordered a boatload of Adams wax and polishes, etc., and I'm afraid to death of using them. I've watched the videos a hundred times, I've smelled the products, got everything ready and I'm a nercous wreck I'm going to destroy my pristine new paint job which has not one swirl mark, paint flaw, scratch or blemish. The paint shines and reflects like a mirror. I lectured the dealer before taking delivery that I wanted only a hand cold water wash with mild car shampoo and no polish or wax applied and absolutely no wheel was to touch my car. He was a good listener because this is the perfect factory paint job we all drool over. The car sadly needs to be clayed right from the factory as there are "rough areas" particularly on the rear, probably from being on the delivery truck or even from sitting in the factory yard waiting for delivery.

I've already had a coworker who had to "feel the finish" and I about lopped his arm off as he was touching my car. AM I obsessed? I think I'm in the right place.

So, how do I keep my finish free of micro scratches and swirls? I detest haze and swirls and microscopic finish scratches. Do any of these products contain "fillers", because it has been my experience with black cars especially, that a filler glaze is almost a necessity for eliminating micro scratches. I know it is only a matter of time, before my car has a zillion micro scratches from just washing and drying with the softest and slipperiest materials available.

I know I'm sick and I'm a true fanatic about car finishes, but this new grabber blue Mustang has stolen my heart. Perhaps I should just put the car under a glass bubble. I need :help: and some good counseling!:grouphug:

20 answers to this question

NNOOOOOOOOO not the 'blade'! :eek:

Read this thread and make up your own mind - http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8588&highlight=blade

Well after seeing this......but then again Adam used one in a winter car care video.

Thanks for the tips. I guess the motto of the least thing that touches your paint the better stands to rule here. If I take an extra bucket or after I use the suds rinse mine out with the wand, then fill wih water, technically I could use the "pool" method! Thanks for making me rethink this.:cheers:

Sorry for the delay....job got in the way. The car to the left of my grabber blue '11 Mustang is an all original '66 Mustang GT convertible with blue and white naugahyde interior with embossed ponies on the seat backs. It has a 289 engine which was HUGE at the time. I wish the camera was higher quality.

I checked out Adam's for a foam gun and they are no longer listed. Maybe they are out of them. :eek: Seems like a must have for me, Mr. Finicky. I have not been this car crazy in years. This is a daily driver and I live in Michigan, which is total hell on a car in winter. I'll be lucky to escpape this winter with only minor paint damage. I plan on carrying my suds to the hand wash booths and spraying the car with detailer before drying. I won't be able to do the "pooling" in a spray booth, so I'll resort to microfiber cloths and the California squeegy......that is.....when it is over 32 degrees.:confused:

Man I love that color, it looks like Petty Blue! And I am a huge Petty fan!!:2thumbs:

Chris

I am only half an hour away from the Petty Estates which is beautiful. I have been there a couple times when younger and been given the tour. Petty is great and he comes out a lot to the ball field to cheer on the little league in the small town of Level Cross.

Well when I first started using my PC I was scared to death, I barely put any pressure on it. But then I got really into it because some of the scratches were angering me. I've come to realize, you cant screw up the paint unless you are doing something completely stupid.

The avoid swirls and mirco scratches....

1. Foam gun is a must

2. Watch AJ's video about Waterless Wash

3. Use filler waxes and polishes

4. Knock out small scratches before they turn into big pain in the butt ones!

A foam gun,2 Buckets and 2 GritGaurds are going to be your friend!:2thumbs:

Don't forget the 2 wash pads - one only used on the upper half of the car, one only used on the lower half of the car.

When you are getting ready to wash the car (from me, someone whose black paint drove him to find Adams):

Wash the car off with water to remove any loose dirt, foam the car with the foam gun, wait 3 minutes, rinse the car, then foam the car again, and THEN begin with the wash pad for the top half of the car. I have tested this extra foam step, and for my vehicle it really unsticks a lot of the grit and gunk BEFORE the wash pad ever touches my paint. I LOVE my foam gun, as it's helping me not swirl up the finish very fast.

The only other thing I could do that I am not doing so far is using a blower to blow the water off the car before drying it. Since I probably should not be washing it where I am (condos), not bothering the neighbors is good. :D

Don't worry, wash the car, dry the car, clay the car, wipe off the car, wax the car. It's a gorgeous color of blue!

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'll take some photo's of the car this weekend after a careful wash. Right now we are in the middle of a hellacious windstorm. (I'm calling it OBAMAgenesis).:loser:

I plan on using Adam's detail spray over the entire car after rinsing. I found some GREAT gold or yellow clay that is soft and pliable from Mothers (I know shame on me), but I've tried blue clays before and they were too stiff. That said, I never tried Adam's yet.

I've already put the Adam's decal on my side window, so I'm armed and ready!:2thumbs:

I'll get some pic's up ASAP. Thanks again "fellow finish obsessed".:D

After you clay do the baggie test to check your progress!

Put your hand in a plastic baggie rub gently over your paint, you will instantly know if you are clean or not.:thumbsup: I almost forgot Shame on you!:D

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'll take some photo's of the car this weekend after a careful wash. Right now we are in the middle of a hellacious windstorm. (I'm calling it OBAMAgenesis).:loser:

I plan on using Adam's detail spray over the entire car after rinsing. I found some GREAT gold or yellow clay that is soft and pliable from Mothers (I know shame on me), but I've tried blue clays before and they were too stiff. That said, I never tried Adam's yet.

I've already put the Adam's decal on my side window, so I'm armed and ready!:2thumbs:

I'll get some pic's up ASAP. Thanks again "fellow finish obsessed".:D

Geeeesh! So, I recently ordered a boatload of Adams wax and polishes, etc., and I'm afraid to death of using them. I've watched the videos a hundred times, I've smelled the products, got everything ready and I'm a nercous wreck I'm going to destroy my pristine new paint job which has not one swirl mark, paint flaw, scratch or blemish. The paint shines and reflects like a mirror. I lectured the dealer before taking delivery that I wanted only a hand cold water wash with mild car shampoo and no polish or wax applied and absolutely no wheel was to touch my car. He was a good listener because this is the perfect factory paint job we all drool over. The car sadly needs to be clayed right from the factory as there are "rough areas" particularly on the rear, probably from being on the delivery truck or even from sitting in the factory yard waiting for delivery.

I've already had a coworker who had to "feel the finish" and I about lopped his arm off as he was touching my car. AM I obsessed? I think I'm in the right place.

So, how do I keep my finish free of micro scratches and swirls? I detest haze and swirls and microscopic finish scratches. Do any of these products contain "fillers", because it has been my experience with black cars especially, that a filler glaze is almost a necessity for eliminating micro scratches. I know it is only a matter of time, before my car has a zillion micro scratches from just washing and drying with the softest and slipperiest materials available.

I know I'm sick and I'm a true fanatic about car finishes, but this new grabber blue Mustang has stolen my heart. Perhaps I should just put the car under a glass bubble. I need :help: and some good counseling!:grouphug:

A foam gun,2 Buckets and 2 GritGaurds are going to be your friend!:2thumbs:

You have found the right place, follow all of the instructions in the videos, and if you do get any scratches in your paint not to fear with all of your Adam's products you are equipped to remove them safely! And if your new cars paint is flawless that is a rarity, consider yourself lucky!:2thumbs:

Geeeesh! So, I recently ordered a boatload of Adams wax and polishes, etc., and I'm afraid to death of using them.

You are where most of us started! The good thing is you're in the right place and have purchased the right products.

Adam's does not currently have a product that will damage your finish (well ok,maybe if you dropped the PC on it). You should be fine with using the clay bar after washing it. Then put some wax or sealant on it.

What will keep your car swirl free is using the proper techniques when you wash.

Archived