Customer Service 866.965.0400

UPS dropped off my new intake today, put it on

GGEVOXFTMFW

Make sure you guys consider having your PCM tuned so you can get the full benefit of those aftermarket intakes. The stock parameters can only adjust so much and then they will max out. Of course, keep in mind that any changes to a GM PCM Cal will results in an invalidation of your drivetrain warranty, if discovered. The General has been cracking down in recent years.

Make sure you guys consider having your PCM tuned so you can get the full benefit of those aftermarket intakes. The stock parameters can only adjust so much and then they will max out. Of course, keep in mind that any changes to a GM PCM Cal will results in an invalidation of your drivetrain warranty, if discovered. The General has been cracking down in recent years.

i've got a DiabloSport Trinity i'm using in my Camaro right now, once i get my Volant intake and Corsa exhaust for my truck, i'm going to have the camaro dyno tuned and move the programmer to the truck! :D

A CAI is utterly useless without a tune... I've been part of 2 different CAI prototypes now and the one thing I learned is that a CAI on a stock tune will net you ZERO gain and in some cases even cost you hp!!

My silverado ss was the test mule for a small custom CAI company called outlaw performance way back when. We tested it vs. the volant at the time and stock... the volant actually added .2 to my 0-60 times vs. stock!! Nothing like dropping $300 to go slower. After tuning the gain was .3 0-60

The TBSS was actually the prototype vehicle for volant (they're only a few miles from my house) and before tuning I had serious throttle lag, and the truck was sluggish. Even started to get some pinging and knocking in low temps. Put it on the dyno and found it had lost about 10hp at the wheels due to the completely whacked AF ratios.

Tuned for the intake and saw a gain of about 5hp (another 30+/- on the tune alone)

So long story short... CAI's are great but only if you get a tune to take advantage of them. The claims often put out there by the manufacture aren't anywhere close to being realistic.

Not trying to poo-poo your intake... just make sure you contact a tuner and either go mail order for a couple hundred or take it to a shop and have them tune it on the dyno.

i am considering either this one with the powercore filter, or a Vararam for my '10 silverado.

any advise on which is better? did you get the power core filter?

I got the powercore, and picked the intake up used off gm-trucks for $175 with less than 1,000 miles :) Guy who had it was tuned with a black bear and had hard shifting trans issues, and got retuned again but wasnt tuned for the volant. He said he had "hesitation issues and wierd idle" so sold it and sunk money into the GM cai intake. So he sold the volant, and said its an intake that "has" to be tuned for but when no one else has his issues??

Is it worth the money?

100,000 no oil dry filter u shake it clean sold me on it. Power gains i would thing would be same but who knows powercore might make a lil more.

:cheers:

ya thats the nice thing about superchips is the stock tune just in case you need to bring it in, tune is next. help out the 4 spd as much as possible and tune for the cai.

i've got a DiabloSport Trinity i'm using in my Camaro right now, once i get my Volant intake and Corsa exhaust for my truck, i'm going to have the camaro dyno tuned and move the programmer to the truck! :D

Superchips or black bear is on the list, its got to be nice having two cars with the same ecu's haha. I changed my mind on corsa after seeing those before and after dynos where guy lost 50 lbs of tq in the mid range and only gaind 5 hp. Then had it tuned and gained 3 hp and got some the tq back. After spending probably $1500 for 10hp. Thats why i only spent 250 on my muffler, tip and 3 inch mandrel bent piping, cuz even most exhaust catbacks are show to lose power most of the time. MAN DO I MISS MY FORCED INDUCTION:explode:

A CAI is utterly useless without a tune... I've been part of 2 different CAI prototypes now and the one thing I learned is that a CAI on a stock tune will net you ZERO gain and in some cases even cost you hp!!

My silverado ss was the test mule for a small custom CAI company called outlaw performance way back when. We tested it vs. the volant at the time and stock... the volant actually added .2 to my 0-60 times vs. stock!! Nothing like dropping $300 to go slower. After tuning the gain was .3 0-60

The TBSS was actually the prototype vehicle for volant (they're only a few miles from my house) and before tuning I had serious throttle lag, and the truck was sluggish. Even started to get some pinging and knocking in low temps. Put it on the dyno and found it had lost about 10hp at the wheels due to the completely whacked AF ratios.

Tuned for the intake and saw a gain of about 5hp (another 30+/- on the tune alone)

So long story short... CAI's are great but only if you get a tune to take advantage of them. The claims often put out there by the manufacture aren't anywhere close to being realistic.

Not trying to poo-poo your intake... just make sure you contact a tuner and either go mail order for a couple hundred or take it to a shop and have them tune it on the dyno.

No I know truck needs tune D, want to wake up the 4spd trans a lil too in process. It's all good! :rockon:

Edited by GGEVOXFTMFW

Don't bother with the superchips... the tune is designed around stock intake parameters so it doesn't address in increased airflow or changed characteristics.

Blackbear gets my vote unless you have a shop local Justin is absolutely the best option.

He'll definitely be the one tuning my truck when we reach that point.

You want a trans tune as well as an engine tune. I had VMS do me up one on my G8 and with the Vararam ram air intake this thing flat out hauls! It's amazing the difference. A CAI will usually make your car run rich.

IMO the trans tune made the biggest difference. Make sure you get one. You won't be disappointed.

Chris

Don't bother with the superchips... the tune is designed around stock intake parameters so it doesn't address in increased airflow or changed characteristics.

Blackbear gets my vote unless you have a shop local Justin is absolutely the best option.

He'll definitely be the one tuning my truck when we reach that point.

Ya ill probably be going through Justin then:banana:

Ya ill probably be going through Justin then:banana:

Don if you don't have a place in mind that is in your area for a tune, there is a place in Mundelein called HP Performance. They do a lot of work on Corvettes and probably could do your truck. I've been there a few times for car shows. If you go there, watch your speeds. The cops are all over that area.

Don if you don't have a place in mind that is in your area for a tune, there is a place in Mundelein called HP Performance. They do a lot of work on Corvettes and probably could do your truck. I've been there a few times for car shows. If you go there, watch your speeds. The cops are all over that area.

Ok I'll check into it Dan! Thanks

Oh, if you're in Chicago, call Brad at Modern Muscle... They love them some GM's and they're GREAT guys to work with. They're in Oswego. Plus you get to see all the cool cars they're working on.

Chris

Oh, if you're in Chicago, call Brad at Modern Muscle... They love them some GM's and they're GREAT guys to work with. They're in Oswego. Plus you get to see all the cool cars they're working on.

Chris

Thats where my buddy had all his work on his branzen, and I tag along every once in a while. I know them as well.