Customer Service 866.965.0400

A round of applause for one of our customers

Team Adam's

I've had the pleasure over the last few months of talking with Dave on the phone, walking him thru his initial orders, and helping him with questions and product selections as his addiction to Adam's grew. He immediately struck me as someone special - in our very first conversation he mentioned that the PC kit he was going to order wasn't just for him.

A young man in his neighborhood without much family support or money was going to be benefiting from the kit as well. This really struck a cord with me - what an awesome gesture to reach out to a young enthusiast like that and do something very special.

Dave is definitely the kind of customer that makes me happy we do business the way we do. A person who genuinely embodies the best in what a human being can be.

Fastforward to today, and I get an unassuming email from Dave about a recent charitable project hes taken on. Just another example of him making the world a better place and I had to share it with you guys b/c I think its really an awesome thing.

Heres to you Dave! Thanks for being a good person and so willing to donate your time to help others in need!! I'll be sending a little kindness your way here soon. :cheers:

Smiles are brightened by the Belize Mission Project

Posted: 21 Oct 2010 in the Community News Category

The Belize Mission Project is back in San Pedro for its 19th year of volunteer service here on the island. Here to offer their professional dental services are 43 volunteers (both return visitors and newcomers) that have joined the project from all across the United States. The group of volunteers will be stationed at the San Pedro Lions Den until Friday October 22nd and will be offering dental services from 8:00am - 5:00pm.

As of Monday October 18th, the group has seen a record number of patients with various dental issues.

According to David Dorman, Lab Technician with the Belize Mission Project, the group works under the general mission to "Honor God by helping those less fortunate" through providing dental and medical care. This year, the group's main focus is restorative dentistry. Along with the group are hygienists that focus on cleaning. Among the other services being offered are extractions, replacing and fillings.

While San Pedro serves as the base of Belize Mission Project's operations, volunteers were also dispatched to various locations including Ladyville, Valley of Peace, Hattieville and other areas in the country, to give residents of those municipalities the opportunity to take advantage of this free dental clinic services.

A second group of volunteers with the Belize Mission Project is scheduled to arrive in the country within three weeks to continue the free dental services. The project, which had its start in 1993, was originally known as "The Fishin' Mission." Their visit to La Isla Bonita would focus on two things: dental/medical mission work and professional fishing. Dr. Frank Whipps, orthodontist practicing in Illinois, teamed up with colleagues who had the same idea: to concentrate strictly on dental and medical mission work. As a result and with help from Mr. Will Lala, a longtime resident of San Pedro Town, the "Belize Mission Project" was formed.

First timer to the project, Mary Parker, was excited at the opportunity to visit the Caribbean country and practice with a diverse group of professionals as well as patients. She was able to bring her daughter along; that aspect of this project made her very happy.

All expenses for the FREE dental clinic are incurred by the dentists themselves; transportation of equipment, all supplies used in the various services offered; accommodations as well as all travelling expenses.

Throughout the years that they have visited the country, the Belize Mission Project has assisted, not only to brighten smiles, but has contributed their efforts to the San Pedro Poly Clinic II and has made food donations.

:iagree:

Thanx for the kind words Dylan.

No I'm not a dentist. I have been in dentistry since 1973 and currently I'm a dental lab tech who has taken part in this mission project for three years in a row now. What a rewarding experience. It was my priveledge to serve on a team of 42 others this year and we treated over 750 patients throughout Belize. For my part, I made 25 partial dentures trying to give back a smile to the underpriveledged who have lost front teeth. Also with the team were dentists, physicians, hygienists, assistants, audiologists, helpers, etc.

That's Cool!

I currently donate $ and volunteer 3-6hrs a week at the local Food&Shelter facility.

There are alot of individual's / families with hardship's.Most are struggling because of this nasty economy.

Good to hear stuff like that!

Thanx for the kind words Dylan.

No I'm not a dentist. I'm a dental lab tech who has taken part in this mission project for three years in a row now. What a rewarding experience. It was my priveledge to serve on a team of 42 others this year and we treated over 750 patients throughout Belize. For my part, I made 25 partial dentures trying to give back a smile to the underpriveledged who have lost front teeth. Also with the team were dentists, physicians, hygienists, assistants, audiologists, helpers, etc.

Way to go Dave! :thumbsup:

you know one of the things i like to do is buy some extra food when i go to the food store like cereal and canned goods and just bring a couple of bags to the food bank. People are hurting so every chance i can i try and do it. alot of people just arent making it right now and need help. I applaud you dave great job keep it up I myself would like to nominate dave for a gift certificate from adams if thats at all possible.

Guys…..thank you for the kudos and kind words.

However, I would like you all to understand something.

I did not share this story/event for personal recognition.

I share it to bring attention to a God that has richly blessed this recovering alcoholic/drug addict’s life and has given me the blessing of His working through me to help others. I also share it to bring attention to the awesome accomplishments of Belize Mission Project and the tremendous good it has done over the last 20 years. I cannot put into words what an awesome reward it is to serve alongside of these other volunteers to help others and to bring honor and glory to a God that performed a miracle in my life and is now allowing me to use His gifts and talents of my profession to affect the lives of others. An added blessing is the relationships that are created between fellow workers, people met along the way, and the wonderful people of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:country-region w:st=<st1:place w:st="on">Belize</st1:place></st1:country-region>.

So please…offer the thanks to God and a prayer that we will be able to continue to do this next year and beyond. It is my prayer to keep this an annual event for my wife and me.

Again, I thank you for the attention and kind words, but they should go to God.

Sincerely,

Dave

Guys…..thank you for the kudos and kind words.

However, I would like you all to understand something.

I did not share this story/event for personal recognition.

I share it to bring attention to a God that has richly blessed this recovering alcoholic/drug addict’s life and has given me the blessing of His working through me to help others. I also share it to bring attention to the awesome accomplishments of Belize Mission Project and the tremendous good it has done over the last 20 years. I cannot put into words what an awesome reward it is to serve alongside of these other volunteers to help others and to bring honor and glory to a God that performed a miracle in my life and is now allowing me to use His gifts and talents of my profession to affect the lives of others. An added blessing is the relationships that are created between fellow workers, people met along the way, and the wonderful people of <st1:country-region w:st=" border=" 0="" alt=""><st1:place w:st="on">Belize</st1:place></st1:country-region>.

So please…offer the thanks to God and a prayer that we will be able to continue to do this next year and beyond. It is my prayer to keep this an annual event for my wife and me.

Again, I thank you for the attention and kind words, but they should go to God.

Sincerely,

Dave

This just shows how much of a great person you are. We are all proud to have selfless people like you on this forum.

Archived