Customer Service 866.965.0400

Porter Cable at Lowe's

mc2hill

Question

I was in Lowe's a few weeks ago and saw they are carrying the PC DA 7436 (same machine as the 7427XP). It has a 6" counterweight, the junk white polishing pad, and a sanding pad. I was there today and noticed they had lowered the price to $119! :pc:

18 answers to this question

Thanks for the reply's. Hopefully I'll be able to afford one of these machines soon. I'd love to see what my red vehicles would look like swirl free!!!

When you get it, you'll wonder how you got by without it - That's the way I felt after I got one.

Yes you can get it cheaper at Lowe's, but Dylan is right. Lowe's doesn't have a 110% guarantee. If you do not have any SHR, FMP, SMW, backing plate, or pads, the Complete Dual Action Car Polisher Kit is a better deal at $330. Here's a breakdown.

$25 -SHR

$25 - FMP

$25 - SMW

$27 - Clay

$60 - Backing Plate and Pads

$30 - 2 Double Plush Towels

$13 - DS

$10 - APC

Total of $215, that puts the PC at $115. Plus if anything goes wrong with it, Adam's has your back. I did not go this route when I bought my PC. In hindsight, I wish I would of. Everything in this kit is stuff I use all the time.

Just something to think about.

And that is using the pad and plate kit, which saves you $9.

Yes you can get it cheaper at Lowe's, but Dylan is right. Lowe's doesn't have a 110% guarantee. If you do not have any SHR, FMP, SMW, backing plate, or pads, the Complete Dual Action Car Polisher Kit is a better deal at $330. Here's a breakdown.

$25 -SHR

$25 - FMP

$25 - SMW

$27 - Clay

$13 - DS

$10 - APC

Total of $215, that puts the PC at $115. Plus if anything goes wrong with it, Adam's has your back. I did not go this route when I bought my PC. In hindsight, I wish I would of. Everything in this kit is stuff I use all the time.

I know what your saying, it's just I owe Lowe's so much, and it's so easy to say that another months payment won't hurt. However, I'm not going to buy at Lowe's just for that reason. I just keep putting my pennies aside and someday I'll be able to afford the kit from Adam. I don't know why, but when I have money saved up, something more important come up :( For now I just enjoy the shine on the Charger, Ranger and Thunderbird knowing that they aren't perfect.

$25 -SHR

$25 - FMP

$25 - SMW

$27 - Clay

$13 - DS

$10 - APC

Same for me:iagree:

$25 -SHR

$25 - FMP

$25 - SMW

$27 - Clay

$13 - DS

$10 - APC

Almost sounds like I need to wait until I get one of those coupons from Lowes that saves 10% on sales over $50.00. Then find away to buy a backing plate and other necessary items from Adams. It's going to take me a long time to catch up from moving my son out of state.

Just go to the US Post Office and ask for a change of address kit. They all include a Lowes 10% off coupon.

Actually not true. You're not offsetting size, you're offsetting weight.

The pads being foam don't carry a lot of unsprung weight, the backing plate is lighter due to the holes, so honestly the 5" weight is best suited for our stuff, but if you were to run a 6" it wouldn't be the end of the world, just might vibrate more at speed 6.

With our new backing plate coming out the 5" will be 100% the only way to go. It is 1/2 the thickness, constructed of lighter materials and still has the holes so it reduces the weight even further. I've tried it with a 6" weight and while its doable it does get a tad unruly at higher speeds.

Thanks for clarifying!!:thumbsup: Ive been running the 6" yellow backer that came with my pc when I got it awhile back. I guess I'll switch over the the one that came with my Adams pads next time and see if I notice any difference.

Almost sounds like I need to wait until I get one of those coupons from Lowes that saves 10% on sales over $50.00. Then find away to buy a backing plate and other necessary items from Adams. It's going to take me a long time to catch up from moving my son out of state.

Just dependent on the size pads you're using. While you can use the 5 or 6 backing plate for 5 6 or 7 inch pads you're better off using the 6 with the larger Adams 7" pads.

Actually not true. You're not offsetting size, you're offsetting weight.

The pads being foam don't carry a lot of unsprung weight, the backing plate is lighter due to the holes, so honestly the 5" weight is best suited for our stuff, but if you were to run a 6" it wouldn't be the end of the world, just might vibrate more at speed 6.

With our new backing plate coming out the 5" will be 100% the only way to go. It is 1/2 the thickness, constructed of lighter materials and still has the holes so it reduces the weight even further. I've tried it with a 6" weight and while its doable it does get a tad unruly at higher speeds.

As a non-PC owner, what's the difference between a 5 and 6" counterweight? It's got to be more than just an 1":D

The size actually refers to the size of the sanding backing plate being used (AJ can talk about this for a couple of paragraphs!). As 1anonly said, with the polishing pads either counterweight will work.

As a non-PC owner, what's the difference between a 5 and 6" counterweight? It's got to be more than just an 1":D

The size of the two weights are pretty much the same. The 6" weight is couple ounces heavier. The only time that you will really notice a difference in the two weights is when you are running the PC at top speed. I personally use the 6" weight on mine at a top speed setting of 5 and have no issues with vibration. I hear people saying that their arms are sore after using a PC all day. My arms have never been sore after using my PC. I don't know if it is because I use the 6" counter weight or because I have history of using metal grinders and I'm used to it.

Just dependent on the size pads you're using. While you can use the 5 or 6 backing plate for 5 6 or 7 inch pads you're better off using the 6 with the larger Adams 7" pads.

Nice price but if you figure... The time you buy a 5" counter weight for Adam's use and the Adam's backing plate for the good pads you'd probably be paying the same as what it is online here.

Not a bad deal though if you want a 2nd one around a shop or need a replacement!

I was in GFS today and they had the same 1 gallon pumps, that Adam's has, on clearance (because they were over stocked, I asked) for $3. Guess who bought 10 :lolsmack: They came with this huge plastic lid though which was easily cut off.

Archived