Customer Service 866.965.0400

First time

Pwallace30

Question

I got my PC a couple days ago and used it for the first time last night. I have a black 1983 Chevy C10 pickup that was painted about 4 years ago. I started by washing, claying, and drying the truck. I then used the orange pad with SHR, after about a minute of slowly working a small section of the hood I looked at the pad and it was black. There was no damage done to the paint and the swirls were already starting to dissapear. I washed the pad right away and the colour came out of the pad. Is this normal, or am I damaging my paint? Thanks guys

10 answers to this question

:iagree:

With most of the video's Adam and Junkman do (maybe all) they are working on cars with a clearcoat over the paint. What they are actually doing is removing microscopic layers of the clear and never really touching the paint. In your case is sounds like you don't have clearcoat over the new paint, so you are removing microscopic layers of the paint.

I have never worked an a non-clearcoat car, but I know many others on here have. If you have questions about this, ask away.

I just assumed it had a clearcoat, I didnt have it painted the previous owner did. Anyone know what I should be doing differently from clearcoat polishing and waxing? The products deffinately helped, but I stopped due to the fact I didnt want to damage the paint. Thanks

I didnt take any pics of the hood I buffed, but heres some pics of my truck. Ya some videos and tips on single stage paint buffing would be great! Ive heard that buffing single stage paint isnt a good idea because it has protectants in it that get removed when buffed. Which means the paint oxidizes very fast and needs to be polished regularly in order to keep a shine.

Ive heard that buffing single stage paint isnt a good idea because it has protectants in it that get removed when buffed. Which means the paint oxidizes very fast and needs to be polished regularly in order to keep a shine.

Sealants and Waxes help paint from oxidizing.

Archived