Customer Service 866.965.0400

How long will a porter cable last?

Captain

Question

15 answers to this question

IMO there are too many variables to throw a number out there, but it's a pretty well built tool IMO.

For a home owner, I think you'll get many years of use out of it.

Chris

Edited by Chewy

IMO there are to many variables to throw a number out there, but it's a pretty well built tool IMO.

For a home owner, I think you'll get many years of use out of it.

Chris

:iagree:

I know pro's that use their's several times a week and the old 7424's (not 7424XP) are still going strong.

I do my detailing on the weekends and mostly only my car. So i would probably use it once every month or two

You should get many years of use out of it then.

Hey Captain, head over to the New Member Check-In thread and introduce yourself! http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17

The PC is a very durable power tool... among the most durable I've ever owned. As a matter of fact my original 7424 (non-xp) was eventually given to my friend. It had literally many hundreds of car corrections on it and still worked fine when I gave it to him... he still uses it to this day and its showing no sign of stopping.

Had the XP not come out and I needed the new one for demos I'd still be using it to this day. Its a workhorse tool.

Also, how long would a coat of machine super wax last since I do not have a garage or any kind of car shelter.

Hi John,

That's a great question. The super machine wax is a very tough sealant. It's your best option for protection especially since you have no car shelter. Also, its much more resistant to Ga. humidity than traditional paste waxes and creamy waxes.

A pretty accurate guess for its length of time would be about 6 months during cool seasons and about 5 months for hot seasons.

Also to keep your PC in good working order use the correct size extension cord, gauge and length.:2thumbs:

Great point Chris! :iagree:

We have killed a PC once, when it was crushed by a Coke truck. These don't die easy.

:thumbsup:

To help the PC live long, get a correct sized extension cord. It's important --> http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2737&highlight=extension+cord

I have black paint on my DD that lives outside here in SoCal, and the MSW was still beading when I stripped it at approx 6 months! It really lasts. I wouldn't wait like I did, probably 4 months is optimum in our heat and sun. I know Atlanta cooks in the summer!

Make sure you let the MSW cure for 20 minutes or more (more in high humidity or cold temps) before wiping it off for best results. And put it on super thin, or you'll have a job wiping it off. You'll be surprised how well a thin coat works.