Customer Service 866.965.0400

SEMA Show, 2010 in Vegas!

Adam

You don't know the half of it... there is a distinct lack of improper paint care all thru the show. To such an extent when we saw a really swirl free vehicle we were impressed.

:help:

Yeah. It amazes me guys that have built or paid for a show car that is garage kept and the finish has more swirls than our daily drivers that never see a garage. I won't say overall our paint is better due to the random rock chips and scratches of daily use but it amazes me now knowing how easy it is to get a finish looking right that more people with show cars DON'T do it.

I guess seeing these cars in that condition you were able to drop some business cards? They probably still wouldn't get it though so it would be a waste.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure you guys can tell there was a strong Camaro presence at the show... seemed it was definitely the car of choice this year. If I had to guess I'd say new camaros outnumbered all other vehicles by a margin of 3:1 or more... there wasn't a single stretch of convention floor you could walk where there wasn't a Camaro.

I'm sure you guys can tell there was a strong Camaro presence at the show... seemed it was definitely the car of choice this year. If I had to guess I'd say new camaros outnumbered all other vehicles by a margin of 3:1 or more... there wasn't a single stretch of convention floor you could walk where there wasn't a Camaro.

I see nothing wrong with that!! :thumbsup::burnout::thumbsup:

Thanks for posting the pics Dylan. :rockon:

Anything really exciting happen??? smiley-confused013.gif

Hey...thats mike from autogeek...lol

Indeed Lee, It was great to see Mike again. We have been friends for about 10 years, since he was a Meg's man. . . . and I was working for lunch money at the Orange County Swapmeet every weekend. Mike is a straight shooter, who knows detailing inside out.

Before Meg's, Mike worked for a gentleman named Jack Birkby in Seaside, Oregon, at an autoparts store. They sold Meguiar's there, and Mike became incredibly well versed with the line. Jack has sold Meg's since it was available in a glass bottle, in the 1940's. He is alive today, nearly 85 years old, and he and I took a road trip in 2008, from Colorado to Florida, then to Carlisle, PA, and back to Colorado. A 2-week trip, and Jack made dozens of lifelong friends along the way.

Jack introduced me to Mike, and we have been friends since.

I think his move to Autogeek was a good one, a win-win for both Mike, and for Bob "Max" McGee. It seems he is off to a great start!

This is a small industry, and we know key people that work for or own the majority of the competition. I'm humbled to say that we are friends with the majority of our competitors! Life is too short, and we speak well about our competition, and typically, you won't read or hear people speaking badly about us.

:2thumbs:

This is a small industry, and we know key people that work for or own the majority of the competition. I'm humbled to say that we are friends with the majority of our competitors! Life is too short, and we speak well about our competition, and typically, you won't read or hear people speaking badly about us.

If only more politicians were like this... In fact, the entire world would be a better place if it were run by people with the ethics that Adam's has. Pitale for President? :xfingers:

Sema looks to be camaro biased. Cool cars btw

Its that way every year... whatever the 'car of the moment' is thats what you'll see a lot of. The last time I went was heavy on the Hummer b/c the H2 had just come out... every booth was a decked out H2... when the c6 vette launched it was the car of the moment... next year I'm sure whatever is hot at the time will be done to death.

Archived