Customer Service 866.965.0400

head light restore help

Perez

Question

Ok my girls 04 cavalier headlights needed some adams love so..i used my focal pads and drill. several passes with SHR and 1 of them still had some oxidation on the upper and lower parts. I even tried some 1500/2000 wetsand paper and its still there. the other side came out perfect. Any recommendations ? Maybe try 1000 grit ?

18 answers to this question

when i wetsanded the right side to try and get it out it sure did have allot of white pigment in the water i was using to lube it. As i did the other side it had little to none.so maybe i just didnt sand it enough to get it off. possibly grrr iono

If you can still feel it, keep wet sanding with 2000 grit, as stated do not use 1000 grit, I don't think I'd even use 1500. I just did my wifes this past weekend and I had trouble like you on her right one, it just took alot more sanding than the left one.

i used my focal pads and drill.

Cordless or corded drill?

Yellow or orange focal pad?

I have seen people go all the way down to 600 grit, but that means a lot more sanding to get back to the 3000.

I have not been doing any sanding lately, the yellow pad on a corded drill has been working great.

Cordless or corded drill?

Yellow or orange focal pad?

I have seen people go all the way down to 600 grit, but that means a lot more sanding to get back to the 3000.

I have not been doing any sanding lately, the yellow pad on a corded drill has been working great.

Yea cordless drill for this would be worthless i used a corded drill and started with yellow pad.

ok here is the side that was not coming so clear before. i worked on it for about another 1 1/2 and said this is gonna get as good as it is right now. lol but you can see the before of the left side in earlier picture post and this is the end result

DSCN0461.jpg