Customer Service 866.965.0400

Don Gartlis Museum of Drag Racing...

Sizzle Chest

Wow. Thats a very neat place with tons of history.

My husband has watched alot of those cars race at Detroit Dragway many years ago.

He was friends with Connie Kilitta's boys.

My husband couldnt quit looking at the pics. He told me that as a child he built many of those exact models. You brought a big smile to his face. :D

Some of those cars look SCARY!!! Can you imagine no disk brakes?? :willy::willy::willy:

How many cars do you think was in the museum??? It looks like alot!

Wow, thanks for posting those Scott! I go by there when we go my parents, but we are always in a hurry and never stop. I have to make time for that on the next trip. Those buildings don't look big enough to hold all those cars!

BTW boys and girls, if you are heading to Disney on I-75 you go right past this museum. Something to think about!

What class did that Dart 2 run in? :confused:

Rich when & were was this taken?:confused:

That was in Ocean City Md at the May Cruise In in either 2007 or 08. I've been trying to get Adam to do that show for forever. 3000 registered cars and thousands more visitors and spectators. It's a four day event and we've been going for at least 12 years, maybe more. For anyone interested in it, here's the link.

http://www.specialeventpro.com/cruisin.php

Wow. T

Some of those cars look SCARY!!! Can you imagine no disk brakes?? :willy::willy::willy:

Disk brakes? Chutes!

Can you imagine sitting BEHIND the ENGINE when it blows and getting a face full of fire or a blower, or, sitting with the rear between your knees and IT lets go? Sitting in front is WAY better. :willy:

I saw him race out here at Lyons in the mid 60's. I was a young guy and my dad took me there. What a great day! :2thumbs:

Can you imagine sitting BEHIND the ENGINE when it blows and getting a face full of fire or a blower, or, sitting with the rear between your knees and IT lets go?

Kind of like a modern day funny car... Without the body!

Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing.

Archived