Customer Service 866.965.0400

Is it worth buying a pc for a ungaraged daily driver?

Captain

Question

Would buying a pc still be worth the cost for it and the pads and products even though my car is a daily driver and there is no garage? Or would it be better to continue washing polishing and waxing by hand but maybe using americana or using buttery wax often. I'm preparing to order a large order of adams but I'm trying to figure out the best combination. Thanks

I see me getting' a PC in the not too distant future. It started out with the 4" foucus pads/ kit and was impressed to no end with that. In addition to the DD truck I have the LADY(1996 Impala SS) in great need of corrective attention, and now- for the biggest and best part, I'm cultutivating a relationship with a significant other, significant enough that she brought he mom by for a second opinion, well more on that later, but I see a PC and a need to have in my garage's aresnol............

Doug is spot on with my experience. The only exception I have to his is the waterless wash. For the amount of time it seems to take to wipe & fold to do it properly, I just wash the truck. It is a 2500 HD crew cab so it is pretty big to hit with WW. Instead of the waterless wash, I go with the Green Wheel Cleaner by the gallon. My wife's Trailblazer rims turn dark brown with brake dust. The GWC cuts right thorough it.

It depends on how much you use in your weekly car maintenance process. These items are the ones you will consume the most. For me, I use Detail Spray, Car Shampoo, and All Purpose Cleaner the most, so I bought a gallon of each. I use a Foam Gun on my black paint to remove as much gunk as I can before ever touching the finish, so I use a bit more Car Shampoo than some, esp. since it is my DD and gets pretty dirty every week around here. I wash it every week, weather and schedule permitting.

For your first claying session, if it needs significant attention like mine did, you will go though half of a bottle of detail spray or so. After the first claying session, you won't need to clay it so much in the next session, nor use so much detail spray. I also mist the wet car with Detail spray after I have washed it, then dry the car with a Great White towel, so I don't have any water spots, AND, I apply detail spray the car at the same time. (One of Adam's time saving tips).

I also use Waterless Wash when drying my door jambs, insides of the doors, and tops of the fenders under the hood (Hood over Fenders on an HHR), that are not directly washed, to clean them and prevent water spotting. I have a gallon of Waterless Wash. For me, Detail Spray is reserved for the exterior where the wash pad touches the car.

It is most economical to buy these in bulk and refill your bottles.

As Jason said, the Swirl and Haze Remover, Fine Machine Polish, and Machine Super Wax (the PC products) are only used about every 3 months or so ( or longer for some of us cough), and you don't use very much product. They will last a long time.

Now, if you are going to start doing the cars in your family and for friends, things will get used up more quickly. Once they see YOUR results of the Adam's products, you may be asked to do theirs- :)

If I bought the premium detailing kit about how long would the supplies last? Considering I wash every weekend or two and one more in depth detail about once every month. And then a full detail every few months.

Usually the Polish, SHR, and Wax will last quite some time. After a 3 or 4 months of washing regularly you may want to start thinking about buying some gallons.

Somethings like DS and WW you may go through quicker though.

You wont regret it!

Alright i'll go for it! What are the must have products then? I have no adams products by the way.

I agree with what the others said. Looking back, I would just go with the premium detail kit. It seems expensive at first but it is way cheaper than taking it somewhere to get done and at least you know it will get done right.

You'll then get a good handle on which products are used most and get them by the gallon. For me it is car wash, APC, glass cleaner, interior cleaner & GWC. All top-notch products that will help keep the finish looking good as new.

The PC is great for cleaning up the swirls hard water spots and other crap that a semi neglected dailly driver might have. Once you get it cleaned up Adams products AND proper wash and dry techniques will keep it from going back to the way it once was.

Great wash and dry techniques are the key to preventing swirls and scratches.

I agree. When I said full correction I wasn't clear that it was probably 85% of the scratches out and all off the swirls. The swirls are the most noticable anyway.

The nice thing about having a PC or Flex is you know if something does pop up, you'll know how to correct it.

I will say that when I bought mine a couple of years ago, all the videos were a bit misleading. They make it look SUPER easy and fast. (Junkman wasn't as well known then) I've always contended with the amount of time it takes to fully correct my car. I'm now at the point where I think I'll pull the trigger on a Flex, to increase the speed in which I can correct.

I have three vehicles. Only ONE of them has been corrected but that was this last spring so it's needing it again. IMO a DD can stay nicer with a PC but don't go overboard correcting the paint. It'll just make you cry when you get dust on it or a scratch.

I don't regret my PC purchase but I think (for me) a Flex is my best bet.

Chris

I agree it is definitely worth it. Even though it won't stay perfect it will look better than the majority of vehicles on the road. I would say to do a correction and put a good coating of MSW on it annually.

My wife's black truck is a 7 year old daily driver mommy mobile and looks better than it did 5 years ago. She consistently had it done at Ziebart and all they did was seal in the swirls. No correction at all for about $179/yr. The sealant protected good but without the correction it never had a great shine. Now she loves it.

My plan is a full correction with MSW every April. Then another winter coat of MSW in October/November.

I will pile on with the rest here.

The PC has already removed a bunch of small daily use scratches from my Coupe. To say nothing of what I have intended for it come the end of winter.....LOL

As for kit to buy? The full bells and whistles premium kit, while looking like a fair amount of coin, will save money in the long run! That one or the Junkman's kit.

Yes, it's worth it. The bigger the kit the more $ you will save. I got the7424XP D/A kit, and after seeing how well it worked, got all the rest of the stuff in bits and pieces, which ended up costing me more. Now I buy gallons of detail spray, all purpose cleaner, and car wash.

The Junkman's kit is a good one too, between the D/A and the Premium Kit.

I like the Machine Super Wax for outside kept cars, like mine. It really lasts a long time. 4 months is not unusual at all, and it really shines.

ABSOLUTELY! Just because its outside and a DD doesnt mean you cant keep it looking good.

My truck is a DD but its garaged. It sees a lot of dust and back roads though.

If you want to keep it looking amazing the must have is the Adam's Premium Detailing Kit

If you dont want to spend that kind of money get Adam's Complete 7424XP D/A Car Polishing Kit

Eventually after you use Adam's products you will want everything! I started out with a order of Waterless Wash and now I have one of everything and am starting to stock up on gallons!

It depends on how good you want it to look! For me I would say yes it is way worth it!:2thumbs:

x2

The PC allows more even application of any product and allows you to get more correction done with less effort. Some corrections are only possible with a machine.

:iagree: My DD sits outside 24/7. If swirl marks and the like bother you and you want to keep it looking it's best, get the P.C. I've been able to make corrections using the P.C. that I would have never been able to by hand. I've even used it on my work car when the paint and tail lens became scuffed up. It's addicting!

Archived