Customer Service 866.965.0400

MSW vs buttery wax

w0lfy

Question

ok i am new to this forum, i did try the search feature but did not find exactly what i was hunting for. if its been covered please feel free to provide the link & thx:pc:

So I am planning by this spring to open a mobile detail business, not only that but i am bout 98% convinced (from trail test of adams products) that i will be using only adams products for polishes and cleaners:thumbsup:

I am experienced at detailing but new to Adams polishes:o I have read some reviews of Machine Supper Wax, an even Adam say in a video that the MSW may take up to 24hrs to set up before you can remove all residue!!!! This is causing me to lean toward using the buttery wax as my main wax (*it be very costly to have to go back to customers 24hrs later to finish a detail) for the speed.

I guess i am looking for somewhat of a comparison of the two products and any personal reviews of the two. Also any tips for a detailer that time means almost as much as the outcome of the finish (i got kiddies to feed :D)

Junkman if you see this i would appreciate your two cents.Though i know that you detail at your own pace, I think from your experience using Adams products you may have some advice for a mobile detailer, like me. I seek perfection in my finishes and will usually limit my detailing to one (*complete detail)a day, depending on the starting condition of the finish, of course.:cheers:

17 answers to this question

I have not yet tried Americana as it was sold out at the one detail shop i know in atl that sells Adams products. Atlanta is bout a 40mile (one way) trip :(

I have always been skeptical of paste waxes for commercial use, however the Adams products i have begun to use are far better then any i have used in the past. I plan on ordering a tub for LOL*product research* :glasses:

You won't be sorry!;)

Yes, one of my friends uses Adams Americana (just found out today) & FMP. When i seen his fresh reflective detail i had to ask what he used :)

I don't like shiny cars :(, I want a car finish to turn into a mirror, and his combo did that.

Wax really adds no shine... It's all about the polish when it comes to that IMO.

Wax adds depth.

See the pics of my car in this post... No wax... Just polished.

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=113466&postcount=43

Chris

Yes, one of my friends uses Adams Americana (just found out today) & FMP. When i seen his fresh reflective detail i had to ask what he used :)

I don't like shiny cars :(, I want a car finish to turn into a mirror, and his combo did that.

MSW FOR THE WIN!!!!

I have all three and usually go for my MSW as much as possible.

Heck I even did my new grill the other day with MSW by hand. It's doable by hand, but harder.

MSW lasts considerably longer than BW. Two coats of Americana are roughly as long lasting as one of MSW. I currently have one coat of MSW on my car and 2 coats of Americana over the top of that. :thumbsup:

Hopefully that will last me through the winter... :help:

Chris

If you were going to use MSW, you need to let it cure for approx 30+ minutes (can't remember what it says on the back - cure rate is affected by high humidity and or cold temps) before removing it. While it is curing, you could do interior work, tires, trim, etc. Just put it on very thin with the PC set on 3 and use the black pad - thinner is better, and it also wipes off fast when it's thin. You don't use much product at all, but somehow it lasts a long time (4 months or so), and it is really shiny. Typically you check the look the next morning (12 hrs or so) and see if there is any haze. I haven't seen any on my black paint, but if it is there, a quick wipe with detail spray and a double soft microfiber and it's gone. Great for cars that live outdoors, it's the most rugged/long lasting of the three.

Americana is a nice alternative (and looks incredible) but doesn't last quite as long as MSW, but it goes on easily and fast, and you don't wait much before removing it. I wax one panel with a thin coat of americana (you don't need much), then wax the 2nd panel, and remove wax on the first panel, then wax panel 3, and then remove the wax on panel 2, etc. etc. Goes pretty quickly and looks amazing, esp. on black and red paint. Gives great depth on metallics, especially the darker ones.

Buttery Wax is a fast 'go to' wipe-on-wipe-off wax that can be applied in direct sun, hot or cold. I have used it on my black paint in the summer when the finish was really hot (wanted to really test it) and it worked fine and looked great, but it only lasts about a month.

:iagree:Very Well Said Doug123 :bravo:

If you were going to use MSW, you need to let it cure for approx 30+ minutes (can't remember what it says on the back - cure rate is affected by high humidity and or cold temps) before removing it. While it is curing, you could do interior work, tires, trim, etc. Just put it on very thin with the PC set on 3 and use the black pad - thinner is better, and it also wipes off fast when it's thin. You don't use much product at all, but somehow it lasts a long time (4 months or so), and it is really shiny. Typically you check the look the next morning (12 hrs or so) and see if there is any haze. I haven't seen any on my black paint, but if it is there, a quick wipe with detail spray and a double soft microfiber and it's gone. Great for cars that live outdoors, it's the most rugged/long lasting of the three.

Americana is a nice alternative (and looks incredible) but doesn't last quite as long as MSW, but it goes on easily and fast, and you don't wait much before removing it. I wax one panel with a thin coat of americana (you don't need much), then wax the 2nd panel, and remove wax on the first panel, then wax panel 3, and then remove the wax on panel 2, etc. etc. Goes pretty quickly and looks amazing, esp. on black and red paint. Gives great depth on metallics, especially the darker ones.

Buttery Wax is a fast 'go to' wipe-on-wipe-off wax that can be applied in direct sun, hot or cold. I have used it on my black paint in the summer when the finish was really hot (wanted to really test it) and it worked fine and looked great, but it only lasts about a month.

Thx for yer detailed reviews of each of the waxes, I will ultimately product test each i have only used buttery wax (shr, revive & fmp also)thus far but have a bottle of msw. I have some loyal customers that are confident in my abilities, I will end up using some as testers :willy:, offerin a slight discount to test a new product.

In the end i will probably use all three but each for a diff detail package:pc:"how good you want yo shine":pc:

Quick note; i have never used any hand polishes that have had the ease of use as Adams, that's in 12 years of being a detailer, working for the man, lol

Buttery Wax doesnt last as long as MSW.

MSW takes 24 hours to fully cure. You don't let it sit for 24 hours. I let mine sit until it starts to haze a little like any other wax and then remove it. The next day I go over the entire vehicle again with some Detail Spray and a Super Soft White Towel.

The DS helps get the wax off and gives it a little more pop.

When I did a full detail on my truck I did the MSW and a few days later a coat of Americana.... MSW for the shine and protection and Americana for that wet looking paint shine.

I have not yet tried Americana as it was sold out at the one detail shop i know in atl that sells Adams products. Atlanta is bout a 40mile (one way) trip :(

I have always been skeptical of paste waxes for commercial use, however the Adams products i have begun to use are far better then any i have used in the past. I plan on ordering a tub for LOL*product research* :glasses:

Did you consider Americana? Goes on & off super fast. One tub will last a long long time. One great product with great protection.:thumbsup:

The ease off use of all Adam's products will save you time and time is money! IMHO! :cheers:

All products 110% guarantee, you can't beat that!

I've been detailing cars for the last 3 months or so now using MSW and haven't had any issues with hazing the next day. Since all the cars I've been detailing have been familly, friends, neighbors etc I do mention to them they might see some haze the next day and let me know. But none of them have noticed anything the next day so far.

also, though i know buttery wax is designed for hand app. would it be ok to use buttery wax and the pc with Adams black pad? Or would this lessen the results?

I've personally used BW with a 5.5" and 6.5" grey pad with good results (speed 1 on a Flex DA) never tried with a PC.

The MSW never gave me any problem's (having to go back 24hrs to finish wipe),so I would wait for other's to reply on that issue.

Archived