Customer Service 866.965.0400

Slightly pitted exhaust tips

lddar

Question

The polished exhaust tips on my car are slightly pitted on the lower portion of the lip. I used Metal Polish #1 for the first time today but was not able to improve their appearance in that area. While it is not bad and the average person may not notice, I know it's there!

Per the instructions on the bottle, it states "For heavily oxidized metal, use an acid-based cleaner first". Any recommendations on an acid-based cleaner that others have had experience with?

Thanks!:xfingers:

12 answers to this question

Use some 00 steel wool to get rid of the pits then use the polish. I did and it came out spankin :thumbsup:

Since we normally advise using the least the aggressive method first, I would suggest trying 0000 steel wool first, then moving to the 00 if it is still needed.

Use some 00 steel wool to get rid of the pits then use the polish. I did and it came out spankin :thumbsup:

With out seeing them I can't say 100%, but I think I would try SOS pads.Then follow up with Adam's MP #1.:thumbsup:

Chris, I actually tried to take a couple of up close pics but the shine created byt eh MP #1 gave the auto focus on my camera fits. I guess that is a testimonial in itself. :party

Since we normally advise using the least the aggressive method first, I would suggest trying 0000 steel wool first, then moving to the 00 if it is still needed.

I will use that approach. Thank you. :rockon:

I guess the question I'd have is; what are they made of?

Mine are stainless so I start with 800 grit wet/dry paper wet and then move to 2000 grit wet and then polish off with Adams metal cleaner. This isn't something you'd want to do with chrome however.

Chris

Archived