Customer Service 866.965.0400

Iphone vs Android vs Blackberry

Boosted

Someone's been reading Gizmodo!

:D I like this one too

Your Packages Never Arrive Because UPS Employs Ninjas

An eagerly anticipated package that never seems to come. Frustrating! You track it online, you wait diligently at home—and yet, all you get is a HEY SORRY WE MISSED YA notice. So that's how they pull it off.

I look at Android as the phone people buy that don't want to be on AT&T network and for people that want to rip it apart and make it theirs.

My wife has an Android (previously a BB) and I am on my 4th iPhone (upgrades not faults) and I see some positive things in Android, but also some negatives which in the case of here at work, are huge.

Chris

Rick, UPS is even sneakier in my part of Canada.

They use another company's stealthy ninjas to deliver their packages, but they still leave behind a UPS notification!

When my Kindle arrived last month, it took me 2 hours and four different 800 numbers to find out where I could pick it up. LOL!

My UPS guys are WAY better, but they are Ninjas. One day I heard the door bell and looked out the front door.....No one was there. So I opened the door and there was a package. I looked around and no sight of the "Big Brown Truck". Then I heard the truck around the corner of my house. I live on a corner and the driver parked on the side of the house, ran through my yard, dropped the package, hit the doorbell, and ran. That was sneaky!

I look at Android as the phone people buy that don't want to be on AT&T network

I would be in that category, although I haven't caved in some of the Android phones I've messed with make it hard not to just pull the trigger. I'm holding out hope apple will wake up and realize that those of us in who actually want to use our phones are waiting for a CDMA version.

I would be in that category, although I haven't caved in some of the Android phones I've messed with make it hard not to just pull the trigger. I'm holding out hope apple will wake up and realize that those of us in who actually want to use our phones are waiting for a CDMA version.

I've been told that LTE and GSM networks are cross compatible. Not sure it's true but if it is, that'd be huge for AT&T customers. We could roam like everyone else does!

I honestly don't have a huge issue with service, but my wife has a US Cellular Android device as well so it's not a huge issue to use hers.

#1 thing missing for Android devices is an iTunes type interface. It's HUGE IMO.

Chris

I really like the fact that Android has Linux inside (great OS), and many people here at work have them, BUT the big issue with the Android users I know is battery life. They are always having to charge them during the day. Battery life is everything for me, and even with a number of 'rooted' Androids to help with power consumption, they are still on the chargers during the day. I am not sure how the power consumption is on the Iphones, but with where I live, the best phone coverage seems to be Verizon. I will say that the newer generation phones receive better and have coverage than the old ones, too, so things are getting better. The blackberry phones here seem to have better battery life for their users, but maybe it's also a factor of the use of each type of phone that plays into battery life.

I really like the fact that Android has Linux inside (great OS), and many people here at work have them, BUT the big issue with the Android users I know is battery life. They are always having to charge them during the day. Battery life is everything for me, and even with a number of 'rooted' Androids to help with power consumption, they are still on the chargers during the day. I am not sure how the power consumption is on the Iphones, but with where I live, the best phone coverage seems to be Verizon. I will say that the newer generation phones receive better and have coverage than the old ones, too, so things are getting better. The blackberry phones here seem to have better battery life for their users, but maybe it's also a factor of the use of each type of phone that plays into battery life.

Biggest issue for Android is the apps continue to run when multitasking which is why they have an app killer you can get. My wife constantly goes in and kills them.

iOS is Unix based like a Mac. Many people call Linux "Unix Like" because Unix was around first.

My wifes blackberry could literally go 72 hours off the charger. My phone normally is at 30% by 8:30 when I put it on the charger. Most people with smart phones will have a battery backup of some sort.

Chris

Rick, UPS is even sneakier in my part of Canada.

They use another company's stealthy ninjas to deliver their packages, but they still leave behind a UPS notification!

When my Kindle arrived last month, it took me 2 hours and four different 800 numbers to find out where I could pick it up. LOL!

My Adam's order is coming up special delivery:D Alan (Adam's NZ) is coming up next Sunday for a muscle car detaling clinic. Getting some 1 on 1 training later:pc: boy do I need it:o

Archived