Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ants inside a vehicle....

StormChaser

Question

Ok, so I have a question.

There is someone I know that has a SSS and there is an issue with ants inside the vehicle.

Now previously I had an issue with a vehicle I bought from someone with roaches...YES ROACHES...however this was about 10 years ago and I just used a bug bomb.

However now that I know what things can do to our vehicles, I am turning to you for suggestions.

Has anyone encountered such an issue and if so, how can this be fixed?

Thanks!

There is actually a simple solution to this problem, which is usually overlooked. Find the source of the ant's attraction and remove it. No need to get fancy, the ants are attracted to something (usually sugar). Clean it and the ants will leave.

Just like a frat party with one 6 pack of beer, that party will be over rather quickly. :D

That's exactly what I was thinking too... Give the car a huge once over in the cleaning department and they should leave.

Otherwise, a proper mixture of propane and oxygen with an igniting system mounted inside the car would get rid of them. Of course it would also destroy the vehicle.

Chris

He said his truck was parked near a helipad when a chopper landed. The wind from the blades blew an ant hill into the air landing on several vehicles.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

that is comical when i picture it in my head. :lol:

Here in NC I am always battling the fire ants and little black "sugar" ants. I use bait and put it where dogs or neighborhood kids cannot get to it. The worker ants carry it into the nest. Then I see them no more. This might be an easy way to do it. Fire ants can blister your skin when they bite. so if the ants are red-I would set fire ant bait in the vehicle and leave it a day or so. It is not worth the pain and possible reaction you might have to the bite. I have seen a person get bitten and have their airway shut off to fire ants. Luckily I had epinephrine...:help:

My take is the same as most. Remove the source of food and vacuum the hell out of the car. Then use salt. Good ol' fashioned table salt. It is cheap and you probably have a bunch around any way. Place it around the tires to act as a barrier. Then sprinkle it inside the car. This may not be something you want to do, and I suggest doing it in a test spot to make sure it doesn't harm the carpet, but it is not any different then road salt on the floor mats. I would also suggest using the Adam's interior cleaner since it is sodium based. If you remove the food, the won't want to come in. Sprinkle the salt to get them to leave. Then vacuum up everything a couple of days later.

Use TERRO. This stuff is the real deal! I had a few ants at my other house and set a few drops on a piece of the supplied cardboard. Well, it wasn't just a few ants...it was hundreds. :eek:I kept applying the drops over the next several of days to finally get rid of them. He may want to let the car sit for a few days, so the bait is not disturbed by the motion of the car. Or they may have other types of TERRO in non-liquid form.

First thing to do... Figure out why they are in there. There has to be something in there they are attracted to, usually food. Second I'd buy some kind of ant trap. I know they make these ones for houses they sell at hardware stores. Dont know exactly what they are called. Try vacuuming them up.

There is actually a simple solution to this problem, which is usually overlooked. Find the source of the ant's attraction and remove it. No need to get fancy, the ants are attracted to something (usually sugar). Clean it and the ants will leave.

Just like a frat party with one 6 pack of beer, that party will be over rather quickly. :D

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

though it can be a lil pain to get started if its fire ants :mad:

chances are its something like a crumb from chips or hard candy,etc., stuck under a set bracket., If the thorough cleaning dose not initially work, then the source is not gone. If the carpet is in really bad shape, i.e., holes/tares in it or badly soiled, the source may be under the carpet, which will be a different pain.

A ozone generator i have seen get rid off them way quicker then most ant pesticides will. But the cleaning is prob all that is needed.

Let us know :)

lol give your friend a deal free ant removal when you buy a detail :rockon:

Thanks Taig,

I'll tell him. I have been sitting here trying to figure out how the Adam's products would get the residue off of the interior of a car....i mean if you covered all the parts up...that could in theory provide cover for the ants.

I appreciate it. :)

Archived