Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ants inside a vehicle....

StormChaser

Question

Ok, so I have a question.

There is someone I know that has a SSS and there is an issue with ants inside the vehicle.

Now previously I had an issue with a vehicle I bought from someone with roaches...YES ROACHES...however this was about 10 years ago and I just used a bug bomb.

However now that I know what things can do to our vehicles, I am turning to you for suggestions.

Has anyone encountered such an issue and if so, how can this be fixed?

Thanks!

There is actually a simple solution to this problem, which is usually overlooked. Find the source of the ant's attraction and remove it. No need to get fancy, the ants are attracted to something (usually sugar). Clean it and the ants will leave.

Just like a frat party with one 6 pack of beer, that party will be over rather quickly. :D

Just like a frat party with one 6 pack of beer, that party will be over rather quickly. :D

That is not funny. I went to a party a few weeks ago and all they had was a case of bear and were all upset their party blew. :willy:

Rant aside let me know how the ant infestation goes.

I know ants like white cars! A while back the dealer left mine outside overnight and unknowingly parked the back end over an anthill. The suckers were all over the car the next day! They got up under the rear window trim and around the trunk. Took me a week to get rid of all of them. Fortunately they did not get inside the car!

I have never had any ant issues. As a matter of fact' date=' I never ever want any either.

I don't like things that crawl. :help:[/quote']

Me either! Things like that creep me out!

I will let you guys know what he does assuming he gets rid of them without a bug bomb.

Well, this sounds logical:

<LI id=jsArticleStep1 itxtvisited="1">Remove all garbage and food from your car. Ants are attracted to food, so clean out your car in case any sweet substances have spilled in it and attracted the invaders.

<LI id=jsArticleStep2 itxtvisited="1">2

Coat your tires with ant spray. The ants are getting into the car at the most likely point of contact: your tires. Spray your tires with ant spray to cut off their point of entry.

<LI id=jsArticleStep3 itxtvisited="1">3

Take your ant bait and place it under the seats of your car. If you have ants, this is a thorough way to be rid of them. Not only will you kill the invading ants, but you will also kill off the colony.

<LI id=jsArticleStep4 itxtvisited="1">4

Sprinkle black pepper on your floors. This is an easy, organic way to keep ants at bay. It will serve the same purpose as a barrier type of insect spray.

<LI id=jsArticleStep5 itxtvisited="1">5

Sprinkle boric acid on your floors. Be extremely cautious if you take this step. Boric acid is not safe around pets or children, and can also be dangerous if you come in contact with it and ingest it. Boric acid should only be used as a last-ditch effort.

Archived