Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polishing hood

Pwallace30

Question

Today I polished the hood on of a black 2000 Honda CR-V (more for practice then anything). I was able to get pretty good results, but I couldnt get the swirls and scratches out of the area where the hood changes shape. The Hondas hood, like a alot of cars and trucks has body lines that run with the length of the car . I tried going back over the area several times using the 7.5" orange pad, but the pad would ride on the contour. Do I need to do this area by hand, or would the focus pads work for these types of areas? Sorry no pics. Thanks

9 answers to this question

Today I polished the hood on of a black 2000 Honda CR-V (more for practice then anything). I was able to get pretty good results, but I couldnt get the swirls and scratches out of the area where the hood changes shape. The Hondas hood, like a alot of cars and trucks has body lines that run with the length of the car . I tried going back over the area several times using the 7.5" orange pad, but the pad would ride on the contour. Do I need to do this area by hand, or would the focus pads work for these types of areas? Sorry no pics. Thanks

My sister's, a car salewoman, bought her "dealer demo car", 2011crz ( coolest hatchback ever) recently, nice ride but had crazy hood damage looked like road tar and salt mixed together!. About two months ago, i used the pc on all but the contours with compound, then the contours by hand but with several more passes then what it took with the pc to get to the same level of achievement, then repeated with polish and wax. Sadly this was using her detailing products from the dealers auto body depart lol---> I had no Adams yet :( and will not plug another brand with out being paid.

srry no pics but my my avatar pic ,my sis has them on my old putter :(

I'll get myself some focus pads and use the PC. Ya I was affraid of not getting the same results if I had to do them by hand. Wolfy, car looks great! Heres some pics of the Honda I did. If your wondering whats scratched into the hood on the before side, they were flames that I drew in the dirt a couple years back. I learned my lesson!

If im just using the 4" pads for removing swirls and not scratches, I should be fine using the PC instead of a drill right? Just use the drill for headlights and tougher scratches.

Yes.

I use the 4" pads on the PC for stuff like that.

:iagree:

Get the focus pads and use your PC to remove the swirls in those areas.

Thats why I said with the PC.

Yee i just watched Aj's headlight restoration video, had only seen the focus pads used with drill up till he showed the adapter for the :pc:. I am looking forward to getting the focus set for headlight restorations.

Archived