Customer Service 866.965.0400

Weber Grill & Machine Super Wax

Chewy

So I FINALLY pulled the trigger on a new grill for the house. It's been probably 3 years since I had one and knew I wanted to get a GOOD one that would last more than 2-3 years time.

After reviewing all of them online, I came to the conclusion that the Weber was the best for the money I wanted to spend.

It's Made in the USA of heavy powder coated steel, stainless steel, and cast aluminum and is solidly engineered. So after spending an hour and a half putting it together, I knew it was time for some protection. I whipped out my favorite Adams protective product and went to work. Every piece of metal whether stainless or painted, got a coat of MSW. The copper parts are actually enamel so they're pretty hard and should weather well. Even better now with MSW... :)

Anyway... Here's a picture. I put it together in the house because it was colder than a witches thorax outside... :(

Anyway... I went with something different than the normal black grill...

If you're thinking about buying a grill, you need to look at these. The Genesis is the mid grade and comes with cast iron grilling plates which are AWESOME! Well worth the money spent.

Cheers,

Chris

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

Test#1 Sweet tators and a couple of small farmer market filets.

IMG_1414.jpg

Test #2 with friends... Mmm... Juicy Lucy's made with sirloin! :bow:

IMG_1415.jpg

Nice shine Chris!

Thanks for the information on the grill. My wife wants a new one and we will definitely look at this model.

A side question - Where do you store your grill?

Right now it's in between my truck and my car in the garage. I did some more searching for a GREAT cover and found one on Amazon that EVERYONE gave rave reviews on, so I am waiting on it to come in. After winter, I'll store it outside on the deck. I think leaving it inside in the winter will extend it's life a TON!

Right now it's in between my truck and my car in the garage. I did some more searching for a GREAT cover and found one on Amazon that EVERYONE gave rave reviews on, so I am waiting on it to come in. After winter, I'll store it outside on the deck. I think leaving it inside in the winter will extend it's life a TON!

That should make a bid difference. We store ours covered outside in a little alcove so it is protected from most of the elements but you can still tell it sits outside.

Very nice grill Chris... earlier this year I was shopping for grills and ALMOST pulled the trigger on the same one, but I wanted a smoker too... wifey ended up getting me this badboy as a gift -

3 burner gas grill next to a charcoal grill, with a smoker box on the side!!

char_griller_duo.jpg

but that webber certainly is first class! I like the color choice too :cheers:

Very nice grill Chris... earlier this year I was shopping for grills and ALMOST pulled the trigger on the same one, but I wanted a smoker too... wifey ended up getting me this badboy as a gift -

3 burner gas grill next to a charcoal grill, with a smoker box on the side!!

char_griller_duo.jpg

but that webber certainly is first class! I like the color choice too :cheers:

That's awesome! A little too big for us but awesome!

I'd love to have a smoker, but honestly don't think I'd use it enough to warrant having one.

Chris

Great.

Now it is 3:30 in the afternoon, I'm stuck and work and officially starving for a burger now.

Thanks....

:lolsmack::help:

Hahaha... That's not a "burger" it's a Juicy Lucy!

Two burger patties with a huge chunk of cheese in the middle! :banana:

Chris

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.mrbadideas.com/jucylucy.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.eatorama.com/&h=447&w=652&sz=98&tbnid=XGfVn7wJwin22M:&tbnh=95&tbnw=138&prev=/images%3Fq%3Djuicy%2Blucy&zoom=1&q=juicy+lucy&usg=__pngT-goXOXgbY0w331jyf50lu5A=&sa=X&ei=5VnYTNe8NcP6lwfov-H-CA&ved=0CDYQ9QEwAw

That's awesome! A little too big for us but awesome!

I'd love to have a smoker, but honestly don't think I'd use it enough to warrant having one.

Chris

You can pick up an egg smoker from Lowes for like $60. I use the one below. It is not too expensive and then you get smoke when you want it. I always do my ribs and chickens in the egg.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_95542-447-852-7080-E_4294857758_4294937087_?productId=3047892&Ns=p_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr|0||p_product_quantity_sold|1&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl_Smokers_4294857758_4294937087_%3FNs%3Dp_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr|0||p_product_quantity_sold|1

That webber is a joy to grill with. My brother has the same exact model and I've used it from time to time.

I agree! I used it again last night and MAN does it work well. You'd think all grills are created equal, but they plan aren't!

This is SO easy to use.

Highly recommended.

Chris

That webber is a joy to grill with. My brother has the same exact model and I've used it from time to time.

I agree! I used it again last night and MAN does it work well. You'd think all grills are created equal, but they plain just aren't!

This is SO easy to use.

Highly recommended.

Chris

hey-i have a Weber-did you do this by hand or whip out a PC? 4 inch pad?:pc:

Mine is dark green-has the Weber cover for it-but it could still use some love.

Love the color you got!

I did it by hand using a M/F applicator and MSW.

Worked well.

It's it's dirty, I'd wash with APC and then wax.

Chris

Archived