Customer Service 866.965.0400

Winter and Adams products

Sparky997

Question

With winter at our doorstep for those of us in Colorado, I'm wondering if there is any information about the storage of Adams products in the extreme cold. Is there any products that will freeze or should not be stored in the cold weather?

11 answers to this question

Here's a quote from Adam!

You guys are great! So, the official temperature range to keep products from separating, or changing color:

Minimum: 45 degrees

Maximum: 85 degrees

Chemicals hate temperature change, and the more often the temp changes, the faster the products will spoil.

We heat the products to get the color to remain consistent, as well as getting the surfactants to work, which keeps the products from separating. By heating the products to that temperature again, about 95+ degrees, they reverse, separate, or change color.

Keeping product in the trunk over summer is a great way for things to get ugly, unless stored in a bag or sealed bucket out of the sunlight.

If possible, it's best to put your car care products in the wash room in the winter and summer, if your garage reaches temperatures outside of the range above.

My advice: Buy car care products just like you buy bread!

Buy it fresh, and often. Chemicals age at 10X dog years! :willy: So, a bottle of polish or wax that is a year old, is really 70.

Don't buy more product than you will use in a year, as the possibility of extreme temperature change is always there. (Unless you live on the beach in San Diego.)

Another thing to consider: We improve 50% of our line every year, and 100% of it within 2 years. Do you want the old news?

Technology never stops, and today's, "BEST," is only the best for a few minutes, before something better is developed.

Plan on using everything up by the end of the year, and get fresh goods in February-March, as we almost always take the winter to develop new products.

Bring em in. All of them.:2thumbs:

I agree I do, except for a small bottle of glass cleaner and a glass towel I leave in my arm rest. I have to have clean windows or I get angry, and if three ounces of glass cleaner are lost to freezing oh well.Just do not fill the container to the top otherwise it freezes and :explode:

I also bring in my towels and micros. My garage isn't heated and any moisture that is in the towels from humidity will freeze and then thaw again when it warms which breeds mold and mildew. And I never store them in air tight containers for the same reason.

I also bring in my towels and micros. My garage isn't heated and any moisture that is in the towels from humidity will freeze and then thaw again when it warms which breeds mold and mildew. And I never store them in air tight containers for the same reason.

Good point Rich. All of my stuff stays inside all the time.

Archived