Customer Service 866.965.0400

great white drying towel not working right?

Mustang08

Question

So i got a great white drying towel and the first couple times i used it it worked great was the only towel i needed to dry the car and wouldnt be soaking wet. But all the sudden it dosent soak up the water as great causeing water stains cause it kinda smears the water. I have also done the detail spray after the was like the videos show. Has anybody else had this problem and know what it could be? I only wash the towel with a little bit of woolight on delicate in the washer with cold water and then air dry. Also i noticed it dosent have the black thread around the egdes like that picture show idk if that means anything or not. Any help would be great

20 answers to this question

Just double checked and the woolight i use dosent say anywhere that is has fabric softner in it and thats all i use on my towels nothing else touches them. As for fabric softner first off not married lol only 20 here so still a young kid lol. But check all the detergents and all i saw one one bottle of downy fabric softner but have to ask my mom how much she uses it cause it felt to never been used. Other then that we only use tide on the rest of the clothes that just said it was normal tide so idk how fabric softner could get into it. As for dryer sheets my towels dont even see the dryer so no worry about that.

Try boiling the towels. Something has clogged them up if they're not absorbing.

Large pasta pot full of boiling water, add 2-3 capfulls of white vinegar, drop your towels in for about a minute making sure they get fully submerged. Remove them using a pair of tongs, transfer to a bowl or colander in the sink and rinse with water to cool. Wring them out then hang dry.

They may be a bit crispy from air drying, just mist them with detail spray before the next use and it should soften them up.

Thanks for the tip Dylan, I'll give that a shot

Thanks Dylan i will def try that idea and then let u know how that works out. As for other products i do not i only use the adams car wash soap and detail spray before useing the great white drying towel. Even use an adams bucket and wash mitts lol

No worries, just trying to eliminate as many potential sources for the problem as possible. Obviously theres always the chance its just a bad towel... given that we sell hundreds of them each month the odds a few here and there are trouble makers is to be expected... the rate is still well below a fraction of a percent. Had a customer who was using an OTC spray wax when he was drying and that ended up being the source of the problem for him... the towels were getting clogged with the product and it didn't wash out well so his towels would last him a few uses, then stop absorbing. Had him use a fresh towel w/o the OTC product and the problem stopped.

Try to boil them and like I said, if it keeps giving you a problem we'll ship you a new one in exchange.

Keep me posted :2thumbs:

Yep... Two years using nothing more than scent/allergin free detergent and NO issues. Never boiled and I never put them in the dryer. I rub them against themselves and snap them and BAM soft as can be.

Thanks Dylan i will def try that idea and then let u know how that works out. As for other products i do not i only use the adams car wash soap and detail spray before useing the great white drying towel. Even use an adams bucket and wash mitts lol

Follow the directions I gave above and if that doesn't work give us a call so we can exchange them for you.

I had a pair of towels that I could not get the sticker residue to come off. Ashely gave me some suggetions, but alas, that did not solve the problem. Dylan sent me new towels with a return box for the 'bad' ones. 110% as usual! :banana:

Dylan, I am also having this problem with 2 of the drying towels. I have used no fabric softener and use only woolite

Try boiling the towels. Something has clogged them up if they're not absorbing.

Large pasta pot full of boiling water, add 2-3 capfulls of white vinegar, drop your towels in for about a minute making sure they get fully submerged. Remove them using a pair of tongs, transfer to a bowl or colander in the sink and rinse with water to cool. Wring them out then hang dry.

They may be a bit crispy from air drying, just mist them with detail spray before the next use and it should soften them up.

Just double checked and the woolight i use dosent say anywhere that is has fabric softner in it and thats all i use on my towels nothing else touches them. As for fabric softner first off not married lol only 20 here so still a young kid lol. But check all the detergents and all i saw one one bottle of downy fabric softner but have to ask my mom how much she uses it cause it felt to never been used. Other then that we only use tide on the rest of the clothes that just said it was normal tide so idk how fabric softner could get into it. As for dryer sheets my towels dont even see the dryer so no worry about that.

Follow the directions I gave above and if that doesn't work give us a call so we can exchange them for you.

The towels are all woven from the same material so if some aren't absorbing while the vast majority are then its got to be a case of something clogging up the towels and not allowing them to hold water.

Are you using any other products with them? Perhaps a spray sealant or spray wax from another company??

Remember the 110 percent guarantee guys. I just ordered a great white and I can't wait to compare it with my Chinese cheap weave drying towel. I have consistanly washed all my "other brand" cheap microfiber products in normal wash mode and a couple squirts of liquid standard dish soap. I then throw them in the dryer on high heat with no dryer sheets. Perfect, every time!

I would also like to add that if you or your wife uses any fabric softener in your other laundry it may leave a small amount of residue in the washer and it may be transferring to you towel even though your not adding to your load.

I had this problem and had too outlaw any fabric softeners in our household.

Well, no. The soap will take out the product so you'll need some. I know a lot of these guys tell you use Woolite, and that's fine. I use liquid Tide and never had a problem with any of my towels or micros. And (drumroll please) I use the dryer. :D

I also use the dryer, if I don't my towels seem stiff and not as soft.

Well, no. The soap will take out the product so you'll need some. I know a lot of these guys tell you use Woolite, and that's fine. I use liquid Tide and never had a problem with any of my towels or micros. And (drumroll please) I use the dryer. :D

Archived