Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bridge collapse

Boosted

This happened to me in Oct 08 one month after I bought my car. Could have been a write off. I was driving on the motorway and a truck smashed into the Onewa Rd overbridge. A car and van in front of me were bombarded with concrete. Luckily I stopped just before the bridge. I was hoping no one would crash into the back of me, I heard screeching and saw cars coming up pretty quick. You can see the concrete dust on my bonnet - taken from my phone (first 4 pics). The other photo's are from the news paper site.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10535521

Image007.jpg

Image008.jpg

Image009.jpg

Image010.jpg

g10089.jpg

traffih100.jpg

f10094.jpg

k10038.jpg

Wow! Your guardian Angel was watching over you!

I know. I knew my brakes were good but freaked out looking at the rear view mirror watching cars coming towards me. I normally zoom into work but this day I cruised, sun was out and I was enjoying the day. Another 30 meters and I would have been in the thick of it.

I was in shock for a while. I was on my way into the office after visiting a client. Went home soon after.

You were really lucky! Man, you hear reports all the time on the news how unsafe our bridges really are in the US. Guess you got the info first hand! :help:

Yeah i was lucky. 1 month after purchase. I insured it for what I paid instead of retail price. I'm only allowed 1 purchase from Ford every year. I got 24% of the RRP. I would have lost over 10 grand.

Archived