Customer Service 866.965.0400

How do you...

StormChaser

Long story short...the tbss crew in the tri-state area are going on a trip to the Tail of the Dragon. I contacted TOTD and got them to put my event on their calendar. I contacted Killboy.com and got them to keep an eye out for our trucks.

Anyway OBVIOUSLY I am an Adam's NUT. So I did a full detail last weekend of my truck to get her ready for both the trip & the winter. Well here is where it gets funny.

A guy contacts me on facebook asking me about my event, he's a tbss owner. He's not on our tbss forum so I asked him how he found me and it was from the TOTD Calendar. I then talk to him on the phone to give him the details of the event and we got to talking about cleaning products. Well he started talking about how he's promoting this product he loves and swears by it. I asked him what it was thinking it was Adam's. I mean why would it be ANYTHING else? LOL

Well it's another brand, one I've never heard of. He was so excited to get around other trucks and show us his cleaning products. So here is my question.....

How in the WORLD am I going to be able to say ummm don't waste your time I'm already devoted to Adam's and I'll never switch. :help::help:

I am not very good at being polite about that stuff. I feel what I do is the only thing to do and those who don't agree well....it shows on my face. This is going to be a tough weekend! HAHAHAHAHA

Just tell him exactly what you said here.........."don't waste your time I'm already devoted to Adam's and I'll never switch. "

Then show him your car! Bet you'll make a convert out of him! :banana:

Yep! I wouldn't worry about it. Tell him the reasons you stick with Adams.

Also make sure your truck looks better then it EVER has... :2thumbs:

Too much to see and do to care about his sales. I'd probably tell him it's not a sales seminar and to perhaps let people come to him if they're interested.

Chris

Long story short...the tbss crew in the tri-state area are going on a trip to the Tail of the Dragon. I contacted TOTD and got them to put my event on their calendar. I contacted Killboy.com and got them to keep an eye out for our trucks.

Anyway OBVIOUSLY I am an Adam's NUT. So I did a full detail last weekend of my truck to get her ready for both the trip & the winter. Well here is where it gets funny.

A guy contacts me on facebook asking me about my event, he's a tbss owner. He's not on our tbss forum so I asked him how he found me and it was from the TOTD Calendar. I then talk to him on the phone to give him the details of the event and we got to talking about cleaning products. Well he started talking about how he's promoting this product he loves and swears by it. I asked him what it was thinking it was Adam's. I mean why would it be ANYTHING else? LOL

Well it's another brand, one I've never heard of. He was so excited to get around other trucks and show us his cleaning products. So here is my question.....

How in the WORLD am I going to be able to say ummm don't waste your time I'm already devoted to Adam's and I'll never switch. :help::help:

I am not very good at being polite about that stuff. I feel what I do is the only thing to do and those who don't agree well....it shows on my face. This is going to be a tough weekend! HAHAHAHAHA

Brandi-just remember you are in control of your response to any situation-and cannot control what people choose to do or say. If you let him say what he has to say-stand firm and loyal with Adam's-he will respect you but feel you were nice to him in the process. Your face can be revealing emotion-which is OK. Too bad he invited himself and is going to turn it into a sales pitch-but since it is out there-not much you can do.

It probably wont be as bad as you think. Wish i was going to be there....

So the guy is essentially a spammer and nothing but a sleezy door to door salesman? I'd tell him he's not welcome at you event to sell his crap unless he is paying the group to be there. I would hope you and your group would get together and tell him where to go.

Nothing ruins a good time like some a**hat trying to sell you something.

Edited by Chewy

Good responses everyone! LOL

I dont think he's a spammer...I actually brought up the fact that I just detailed my truck....

I hope to convert him but that means sharing my product yet again. I've used my products more on everyone else's rides than I have on my own. I seriously gotta stop that....LOL

My baby does look and feel so much better than normal rides. :)

I sent the guy a message to ask him what he used so I can let you guys know...and I'll try that idea of Ray's.

Have fun on the run, that is one I want to do one day ...in something.

As a dealer I am constantly asked to try other stuff, or how we compare to brand xyz. I try as much different product as I can, so I can give honest answers on why Adam's works better.

Bruce

Anyone heard of it?

Not familiar with that product line.

After a google search - Looks like it's wash products only, no polishes or waxes. Tire dressing does not go very far - 32 oz. will only do 10 cars!

Brandi just have your Adams on hand.. tell him your an Adam's fan.. see if he trashes Adams if so, send him packing. Or better yet invite him next year when the rest of us are going to be there. I plan on doing a full work up on Barret & Kristens truck as well as Phils earlier in the season so we'll have 5-7 Adamized rides! Oh and get your static stickers on. If you need some shoot me an email with your addy I have a few extras I can spare.