Customer Service 866.965.0400

Self Service Car Washes

rkdiddy

Question

Hi All,

I haven't been around these parts for awhile. I recently moved into an apartment complex that doesn't have an area to wash my vehicles. :help:

There are multiple self service car washes around my work, so I think that is my best option.

I wanted to get advice on any tips or things I should do OR not do at these car washes. I noticed there are signs posted everywhere about bucket washing. :( What other options do I have?

Thanks in advance - cheers,

R

11 answers to this question

I know Adam does it, but I wouldn't use the brush in the wash bays.

There's nothing wrong with the automated washes either, as long as they are totally touchless. I like these in the winter, because they blow dry the large amounts of water off the car.

If you can stay up VERY late and hit the self serves you can probably get away with the buckets. The goal is NOT to do it with others waiting.

Chris

Yeah, the late night thing is good. Or any time when it gets empty. If in the daytime around here, the local car wash will have a shady spot in the afternoon - perfect for drying and detailing. Gets you out of the bay faster.

We have heated bays, because when it's 10º or less outside, the last thing you want to do is dry your car outside... lol;)

Cool Avitar. :thumbsup:

Thanks - I need to update the PC with my recently purchased Flex. :2thumbs:

Thanks everyone for the tips and the video link. I was cringing as Adam used the brush to clean his SUV. I think I will stick to bringing my bucket during the off time. :)

I also picked up one of these today to hold all of my products. I can then grab it and my Adams bucket and head to the car wash.

black-tote-tray.jpg

Thanks again - cheers!

My advice.... Get a really long hose and screw it onto your sink and run it out the window or down the stairs. That way you can wash your care on the street or in the parking lot.

Two bucket wash and then maintain it with waterless wash

I haven't bucket wash my vette for over a year now thanks to Adams waterless wash and detail spray :thumbsup:

Archived