Customer Service 866.965.0400

What does a $10 million car look like?

mc2hill

In another post I have some pictures from the Winter Park Concours d'Elegance - http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9199. Well in a follow-up article in the paper today, about driving collectible cars, there was more information about one of the cars in event - a 1931 Bentley 8 litre

engine

WPConcours20101003.jpg

exhaust

WPConcours2010161.jpg

57555620.jpg

This ultra rare race car is valued at $10 million according Thomas duPont, Publisher of "duPont Registry".

Here is the article if you're interested - http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-auto-scscolumn-111410-20101111,0,6487948.column

Not to get philosophical here, but that car should be in a museum if it's so valuable and not owned by anyone.......especially if he paid $10million for it. The person who owns it must have millions more to spend if you can drop that much on one item. That kind of money should be used to help PEOPLE not toys. That's a waste if you ask me. But nobody did. :D

Not to get philosophical here, but that car should be in a museum if it's so valuable and not owned by anyone.......especially if he paid $10million for it. The person who owns it must have millions more to spend if you can drop that much on one item. That kind of money should be used to help PEOPLE not toys. That's a waste if you ask me. But nobody did. :D

I don't believe he paid that much for the car, that is the current value. I checked the paper for a correction of the article from $10 to $1, but none so far.

The car was nothing spectacular to look at, there were others from that era that I liked better. There must be something in the history of the car that has moved the value to that level - it was a race car, so must have won something big.

Precisely.if I were to ever be in a situation to have that kind of buying power, id feel like a much better person by buying a 100k audi r8 or something and giving $9,999,900 to schools, a food bank, heck, even the SPCA. :cheers:

There are those out there that would not think anything about spending that kind of money on a very "ultra-rare race car". The article did not say how many were built, but I am guessing not many (maybe 2 or 3). Think about some of the money spent on cars at Barrett-Jackson for a restored Hemi or Shelby Cobra. If someone is willing to pay a million dollars for a Hemi Cuda of which there were a lot made, then ten million for possibly one of a kind is not out of the question. Agreed I think some of the money spent on collectable cars is over the top and a lot of it done just to be able to say "I spent X amount of dollars at Barrett-Jackson or any other auction for this car.

Precisely.if I were to ever be in a situation to have that kind of buying power, id feel like a much better person by buying a 100k audi r8 or something and giving $9,999,900 to schools, a food bank, heck, even the SPCA. :cheers:

:iagree: except most people that have a $10 million collectable car are most likely giving plenty of there monet to needed causes.

:iagree: except most people that have a $10 million collectable car are most likely giving plenty of there monet to needed causes.

Agreed. we'll never know how much this guy has given to charity. even if it is 1 mill, it's more than most have ever given.

Not money that I'd ever spend on car but we can certainly appreciate the guy's love for cars... Just on a much MUCH smaller scale...

:lolsmack:

I'd love to know what the criteria are to make an object worth that much money. I guess it's only a matter of something being only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.

Archived