Customer Service 866.965.0400

I've Completed the GTO's Paint Correction!

BRZN

Well, I finished her up Thursday night, and she looks great! Here's the rest of the story I started last Sunday. If you've not read through it, here it is:

Part 1: http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9152

Monday evening I started the FMP on the White pad with the PC. I was able to complete the Roof, A and C Pillars and both Side Mirrors before bedtime, err, ah Monday Night Football.

IMG_1665resize.jpg

This shot in the roof is with just the polish steps, no glaze or wax yet.

IMG_1669resized-cropped.jpg

Overnight I'll keep the pad I'm working with in a zip-lock type plastic bag with a few sprays of DS to keep it from drying out. Reattach, apply three more pea size drops of FMP and I'm back at it late Tuesday afternoon.

IMG_1673resize.jpg

Tuesday I completed all but the rear of the car: FedEx delivered a surprise!

Before:

IMG_1677resize.jpg

After:

IMG_1685resize.jpg

The GTO's Plastic Fuel Rail Covers have a nasty habit of rubbing through that portion of fuel line allowing fuel to drip onto the hot exhaust manifold! Safety and Bling, what more could one ask for?

Wednesday I finished the FMP and White pad on the Rear of the car

IMG_1688resize.jpg

I found a scratch I'd somehow missed. As I work my 2'x2' section I wipe off the product and check over that section. This 4" scratch got by me on the SHR step but not this step. Took care of it immediatly

IMG_1690resize.jpg

After I'm satisfied with the polishing I very lightly dust the car off with a California Duster and blow out the areas it couldn't touch with the Kirby Classic set to blow!

IMG_1691resize.jpg

I wipe the car down with a Citrus Product made to remove Polish residue. DS works fine, but I don't want to chance an adverse reaction between it and the Carnauba in the Americana others have commented about. I've spent too much time to go back and do it again!

IMG_1694resize.jpg

BG gets applied, I like to use the sprayer better than the pour spout

IMG_1699.jpg

I apply it to the entire car before I begin to wipe it off

IMG_1704resize.jpg

Bedtime!

IMG_1705resize.jpg

Thursday came the most difficult step in the entire process: opening the pot of Americana! :willy:

IMG_1707resize.jpg

One coat of American is applied. I'll add another in the spring before I take her out for the first time.

In the immortal words of Mr Miyagi:

Wax on:

IMG_1711resize.jpg

Wax off:

IMG_1712resize.jpg

Remove all the tape and newspaper and she's Done!

IMG_1721resize.jpg

IMG_1735resize.jpg

:rockon:

Beautiful Dave, just beautiful! :drool:

IMG_1707resize.jpg

Ok, we have the Dylan 'thumbs up reflection' shot, the Sundog "Adam's product reflection" shot, and now the Dave "show us your guns while you remove the lid" shot! :lol:

Very nice Dave. I noticed you said that you gave one of your pads a couple DS shots and put it in a Ziplock over night. I can tell you from experience that it might cause your pad to crumble. You don't want to seal a damp pad in a Ziplock. I did it to one of my pads and the next day I used the pad it was breaking apart on me.

Dave, next time you complain about something, I'm going to come to your house and kick your behind!

Yeah right!!!! Man, you work out much brother??? Looking strong, and even my wife sitting next to me said, "Babe, you should try to get arms like that!"

Thanks for making me look soft Dave. . . . :lol:

Dave, next time you complain about something, I'm going to come to your house and kick your behind!

Yeah right!!!! Man, you work out much brother??? Looking strong, and even my wife sitting next to me said, "Babe, you should try to get arms like that!"

Thanks for making me look soft Dave. . . . :lol:

Adam drink a case of red bull and hand polish that excursion. You will be the world strongest man. Car looks good Dave. I really want to see her now. I can only imagine how it looks.

Thanks for all the nice comments gang, appreciated! The Adam's products and the PC really made all the work quite enjoyable and I really wanted to share my fun with you all. This was my first real test with the BG, very impressed at how easily it went on and came off compared to the glaze I'd been using previously.

John - I've got similar mods to your Buddies car and oh yea, she moves! Scary fast car, need to treat her with respect.

Jason - Four shirts, but only one pair of pants! They went into the garbage when finished...

Bob - I WILL NOT BE DENIED AGAIN!!!

Dan - Been using the foam pads to polish for three years now and never had one crumble after simply storing them in a Ziploc type bag overnight with a couple squirts of DS. It keeps them from drying out so I don't need to break out another one to reprime or to have another to clean. Are you sure yours completely dry out before you put them away after cleaning? I'll leave mine sit out to dry for a week before putting them back into storage.

Adam - No complaits from me, last thing I want is the guy I buy my Detailing Products from to come and embarass me in my own house! But, if it happens, afterwards we'll take a trip down to the gym and max out on Bench Press, I'll spot you ;) Oh, and bring your wife, I'd like to meet her :lolsmack:

Ray - Next Spring, join our little club and I'm sure you'll see her!

I've got Clear Bra material on the leading surfaces of the side view mirrors so I don't have much area on them to address: about an 1 1/2" around the perimeter and the entire bottom. I used the Double Sided Flip pad and hand applied SHR and followed up with the Revive Polish, same as I did to the A-Pillars and Door Handles. The 4" pads on the corded drill would be pretty aggressive, and dangerous. If you went over an edge too quickly or inadvertently hit the door with the pads edge I think you may be paying a visit to a paint man.

Odd, the roughest surface on the car when I clayed was the under sides of those mirrors. I'm guessing the front tires must be throwing dirt up to them, thankfully no chips.

• 3 weeks later...

This is the great thing about this forum, sharing knowledge and some great kidding around fun. Thanks Dave for the info and great reading fun. Maybe you can make it some year to Grabiak and we can meet. I know I don't rate in the arena of perfection like you, AJ and others, but I strive to do better.

I just tried the SSR on my winter/work car and it the car is so bad only some sandpaper is going to help it in some areas, but it looks and feels better. I just got a compliment on my wife's 10 year old Olds Intrigue while it was getting some exhaust work. It sure isn't swirl free, but what a difference between it and my Intrigue that I bought used. The difference is Adams products being used on her Olds for 10 years.

Great write up and great looking Goat. I have the Holden sister the G8. I get to put it away for the winter now with scratches in the rear quarter panel where I tried to move the cement bottom to a light post in the parking lot. I am still sick that I did it. It will be a long winter knowing it is there and needs fixed.

I won't show my wife your thread or she might be forcing me to join a gym!

Archived