Customer Service 866.965.0400

Asking questions

Elfen

Hi! I have a new CRZ that I want to take excellent care of. Adam's sounds good but there are so many products, what should I start out with? My car sits outside in strong Florida sun. Thanks for advice in advance!

That's a pretty vague question.

Do you want to:Clean,Correct,protect?

Interior,Exterior,Windows,Wheels,tires ect..

If you can be more detailed on your question,others will be able to give you the best advice;)

BTW,:welcomebanner::welcome:Terry!

that's a hard thing to say;

deffinetly clay bar, two bucket wash, &;

If the paint is good"new" and not needing correction,For hand polish/wax I would suggest revive hand polish, and Americana for the best results. The buttery wax is an excellent wax but will only last aprox. 30days and is why i recommend the Americana.

If doing machine polish/wax, the Fine machine polish followed by the fine machine wax seems to work great.

If you are needing to correct scratches are swirl marks the the SHR will work great, being as you said new i will assume it has no scratches :)

BE SURE TO USE ADAMS APPLICATOR PADS FOR HAND OR MACHINE POLISHING FOR THE BEST RESULTS. And there micro-towels are better then most anything you will find out there.

Then there's the whole wash, interior & upholstery,tires,undercaragie just to get started

Sorry! Didn't mean to be vague!

First and foremost I want to clean and protect the exterior - the paint job. I was looking at clear bra for the very front, but that's way expensive. (but by the way, what do you think of it??)

I just paid a pretty penny to have the windows tinted so I'd ask if there is a product recommended for cleaning them.

That will get me started. I'm triaging due to cost and experience level, but Adams look like quality products worth using. I don't have a polisher, so I'm by hand at this point.

oh - and here's another question. My hubbie has a Mr. Clean soap gun sort of thing. Would Adams products work with it do you think?

I appreciate your help!!

Welcome Terry :welcomebanner:

For just washing start with Adam's car wash, 9x9 wash mitt, the Grit Guard, a Great White drying towel, and the Detail Spray. Adam's wash shampoo can be left on the car, without rinsing, until you have washing the entire car (even in Florida humidity). Rinse, and dry with the Detail Spray and GW towel for a streak-free, spot-free finish.

For paint care by hand, either Buttery Wax or Americana. Buttery is less expensive, but will need to be reapplied more often. Americana is more expensive, but is much more durable, and a tub will last for a looonnng time.

Adam's Glass Cleaner and microfiber glass towel are a great combination for cleaning windows. It is safe for tinted windows too.

The kits are more economical, but I understand making smaller purchases as the pocketbook allows.

Thank you guys! You helped me sort through. I went with the essential detail kit to get off to a good start. I'm looking forward to next weekend! Still wondering if I'll be able to use hubbie's Mr Clean soap gun thing. :)

I don't honestly know if Adam's car wash will work with the Mr. Clean, but I can't see why not. But honestly if you get the 9" wash mit, you'll be amazed how much suds you'll get and you can do the whole side of the car in one pass with it. Welcome to the forum and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. We're a very friendly bunch here. :cheers:

Thank you guys! You helped me sort through. I went with the essential detail kit to get off to a good start. I'm looking forward to next weekend!

Congrats Terry, that's a great Kit.

A word of advice, I know you just spent a fair bit of change, but give Ashely a shout on Monday and add a gallon of Detail Spray. I didn't do this. My order arrived and I spent the weekend playing with all the new stuff and placed a second order the next week! If you do it now you'll get the 15% off and the additional shipping will only be a couple of $ instead of $10+.

Still wondering if I'll be able to use hubbie's Mr Clean soap gun thing.

Not sure on this, but someone may have tried it. My guess is it will work - you will get some soap out of the gun, but it will not be anything like the Adam's Foam Gun (currently unavailable).

Like Rich said, you will be amazed at how much suds are created with the Wash Shampoo and how well the wash pad holds those suds. Be sure to check out the Junkman's video on the "poolng rinse" technique as this really helps keep water spots at bay - http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6263

Terry, I have a Mr. Clean gun and a Gilmour Foam gun. I got the Mr. Clean gun about five years ago or when ever they first came out. They are nice to use and Adam's Car Shampoo should work in them. However, the Mr. Clean gun won't show you the true characteristics of the Adam's Car Shampoo. I don't think it will foam like it does in other foam guns. I now use a Gilmour Foam Gun with Adam's Car Shampoo and the suds and foam is crazy. Adam's pulled their foam gun because some of them weren't 100% Made in the USA. My Gilmour gun is couple years old and is 100% Made in the USA, but I don't think the new ones are. So my advice is to keep using your Mr. Clean gun for now, but once Adam's brings back the their foam gun I would think about getting one. Night and day difference between Adam's and Mr. Clean. The only thing the Mr. Clean gun has the advantage in is the fact it has the spot free rinse setting. If you spray a little DS on your car after you rinse but before you dry it, you won't get any water spots leaving the spot free rinse setting on the Mr. Clean useless.

Hopfully I didn't confuse you.

Thank you guys! You helped me sort through. I went with the essential detail kit to get off to a good start. I'm looking forward to next weekend! Still wondering if I'll be able to use hubbie's Mr Clean soap gun thing. :)

thats a great kit and has a good sampling of products:thumbsup:

check out the junkmans croner in this forum... he has a bunch of great videos. you should get a dvd with the kit that will go completely thru a detail from start to finish. Adam even included hand polishing section in there ;)

If you do it now you'll get the 15% off and the additional shipping will only be a couple of $ instead of $10+.

uh oh. I may have screwed up. I thought the 15% was only for new products just coming out. I used the welcome 10% off. Could I have used the 15% discount? Wonder if they will help me out. I would definitely get the gallon you suggest. :confused:

uh oh. I may have screwed up. I thought the 15% was only for new products just coming out. I used the welcome 10% off. Could I have used the 15% discount? Wonder if they will help me out. I would definitely get the gallon you suggest. :confused:

They will help you out, don't worry. As Doug said, contact Ashley Monday, by phone (866) 965-0400 or Live Chat, and she will make any changes to your order and get your additional discount!

You guys are great, thanks! I have a feeling this was a greeat decision. Just came in from washing the crz and still see hard water circles from the sprinklers. Have to work it out next weekend when I have the proper products. I'll call Ashley tomorrow. :2thumbs:

Welcome to the forums Terry... I see our very helpful band of miscreants has already got you hooked on buying everything :jester:

Give us a holler Monday morning and we'll get you squared away on the discount. Thanks for your business and don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions along the way.

• 2 weeks later...

My first Adam's product was Waterless Wash and VRT.

2 weeks later I ordered the Essentials kit and a month after that I ordered my PC Kit.

Since then I have accumulated nearly every Adam's product available right now. Minus a few things. I have about $1500 wrapped up in it over the past 8 months.

It's fun and addictive. Right now I am having with drawls and just want to polish something.

• 2 months later...

Archived