If you could choose only one...  

97 members have voted

1. 1. If you could choose only one...

• Americana Paste Wax
    • Buttery Wax
    • Machine Superwax
    • Brilliant Glaze

Question

couldnt the northerners just substitute the ice water application with just really cold weather? lol.

i really like seeing these responses, buttery wax is a favorite for the decent price, smooth application, and smooth after effects; even if it does not last quite as long as the other waxes.

americana seems like an upgraded buttery wax, all the greats of the butter wax, just as a paste and better life on a vehicle.

MSW, well seems amazing since its used by the machine for application. this by itself allows the machine to do million times more than by hand. for vehicles that sit outside their whole life through harsh weather, this would be the best IMO.(i really would love this to be combined with a coat of brilliant glaze, americana, and topped off with buttery wax)

I voted AMERICANA. Now that I have a good routine with the "distilled & chilled"... I'm loving it so much more!! And that's saying alot because I thought it was phenomenal before ;)

It does definitely respond well to a ice water application. It hardens REALLY nice and layers quickly with that method.

I've been meaning to do a "how to" on ice water paste wax application and just haven't had time... might be time to knock that out. :thumbsup:

It does definitely respond well to a ice water application. It hardens REALLY nice and layers quickly with that method.

I've been meaning to do a "how to" on ice water paste wax application and just haven't had time... might be time to knock that out. :thumbsup:

I would def be interested in the "How To"!

Ken Burns needs some work too! :lolsmack:

I'm going to have to give my nod to MSW just as its awesome clarity and pure reflective properties. Not to mention the insane durability I get with it even in the rainy pacific Northwest. 7+ months on a truck driven to the ski mountains once a week during the winter.

I am very interested in this method. I'll search to see if you wrote something up since this post, but I'm liking the sounds of this already! :)

yeah dylan go ahead and knock that out i am interested :banana:

Need to see this....

I voted MSW because protection is of high importance for me driving 20,000 miles a year and not having a garage for me. And it shines so well even on white. Americana is second, so easy to use and so deep.

I like Americana on the G8, but MSW on my Silverado as it sits outside year round, in the Seattle rainy season and holds up really good.

I just started correcting my G8 yesterday. I've got a bottle of Buttery Wax, but never used it. I think I'm going to give it a try. Longevity isn't a big deal on the G8 as it sits in the garage and I typically only drive it in nicer weather. It has seen rain, but I try to avoid it to keep it shiny!

Hypothetical... if you had to choose only one product to use as your last step product from here until the end of time which would it be and why?

Brilliant spray Glaze.

Does the paint, chrome and glass extremely well...And little to no effort!

I'm with you Ron. On my new truck I have not had time to polish it yet, but a quick wipe of BG and it looks great!

Bruce

Agreed! I use it as well... :thumbsup:

Do you have iLife '11? I like the added features.

Chris

Actually just upgraded... I went in to get a copy of snow leopard for my iMac runnint 10.5 (already have it on my macbook) and figured... what the heck... time to upgrade the other stuff too. All the programs are so much more robust than the previous versions worth every penny. :thumbsup:

Never... it actually outsells the other waxes by a good margin so its definitely not going anywhere.

Maybe I phrased that bad. I meant not going to do as well as the others. Just doesn't seem like it would be the LAST thing you'd put on. To me the last thing I put on is something thats going to make it SHINE!

Which TO ME is.... Americana, BG, and MSW

Archived