Customer Service 866.965.0400

NBA 2010/11 Discussion Thread

Team Adam's

A long, running, rambling back and forth about the current NBA season.

Pledge your allegiance (GO LAKERS) or just make a public confession that you're pulling for the Heat to lose. :thumbsup:

My early season predictions:

Lakers will come out of the west, play the Thunder again in the semi's. New Orleans can't possibly keep this going and the Jazz can't overcome double digit deficits every single game.

Boston looks good in the east, I think Orlando will come together and be a force. Miami falls to 3rd - I see Boston topping Orlando if they can stay healthy.

Another exciting 7 game finals, Lakers v. Celtics -- Lakers taking their 3rd straight and Kobe cements his legacy as one of the greatest of all time. :thumbsup:

As long as LeQuit and the Heat stink.. I dont really care! LOL I know my Cavs are a 500 team at best now, and have a shot at maybe the 8th spot but they are done as a threat in the NBA. Go Lakers & Celtics.. Might as well root for a winner..

Pledge your allegiance (GO LAKERS) or just make a public confession that you're pulling for the Heat to lose.

How about both! Magic fan, so of course want Heat to lose!

I'm hoping the Durant's can give the Lakers a go of it in the West, and that the Celtic's age catches up them by the playoffs.

Go Suns!

Sorry Dylan, you can guess who my LEAST favorite team is... Decades of getting beat in the playoffs by the Lakers/Spurs can do that to a guy...

LOL

I may have to make the Camaro5 Fest shirts in suns colors.... Just so you feel comfortable and welcome...

;)

I'm becoming less and less of an NBA fan... I just don't like the current generation of palyers. I don't really HATE Kobe, I'm just sick of playing against him....

;) and I really want to see Nash and Hill win a championship. But I'm not sure what we're gonna do after trading Amare... I guess we're rebuilding .... AGAIN.....

I'm becoming less and less of an NBA fan... I just don't like the current generation of palyers. I don't really HATE Kobe, I'm just sick of playing against him....

I agree, I'm a 'casual' fan now. Kobe and the other 'me first' players have made me a fan of the English Premier League (soccer) :uk:. Yes it is low on scoring, but when it happens it is all teamwork.

Rant over.

• 2 weeks later...
All I gotta say is Go Spurs Go!!

Oh and Nash needs a championship ring like he needs a better hairdresser, but is he gonna get one? NO!

And the Lakers won't win because Kobe is a ball hog and one man can't win it all...just ask Lebron and Garnett!

The west is strong this year... lots of teams can make a run... but I guess that whole Kobe winning thing was a fluke the last 2 years? :D

The west is strong this year... lots of teams can make a run... but I guess that whole Kobe winning thing was a fluke the last 2 years? :D

Not a fluke... Just annoying.. ;)

especially when you've had to play against him his entire career...

He's one of the greats no doubt. Honestly I'd rather the suns beat him while he's at the top of his game... But if we keep trying to "build" a team instead of develop the players we have... aint gonna happen as long as the spurs and lakers continue to reload with good mature players.

my 2 cents.

Yea its funny how like the heat have 3 big names and are producing not big results but the Spurs who everyone always say have just normal players and no superstars are 14-2, funny how that is. Ya know? Saw Kobe, I mean the Lakers, lost to the Pacers yesterday, guess one man still cant win it all ;)

Spurs = automatic... and that was really hard to type as a Lifelong Suns fan. ;)

Pat Riely is the guy who can get those superstars to learn to play together... i'm guessing they will dominate eventually. But he egos will have to be in check and Roles will have to be defined.... Can bron bron and wady wady stick to their roles???? remains to be seen but I think it will happen...

Yea its funny how like the heat have 3 big names and are producing not big results but the Spurs who everyone always say have just normal players and no superstars are 14-2, funny how that is. Ya know? Saw Kobe, I mean the Lakers, lost to the Pacers yesterday, guess one man still cant win it all ;)

The Spurs will be perennial contenders as long as they have Ginobli, Parker, and Duncan... problem is they're all aging and they haven't done a good job of filling the ranks so once this squad starts to wind down their careers I get the feeling they Spurs will have a few down years while they try to rebuild.

Of course the Lakers can't win them all... what would be the point of watching the games if you knew the outcome, but I seem to remember one very distinct instance where one man won it all for us, and it wasn't Kobe :D

Lets relive the Spurs agony of 2004 :lolsmack:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmo4uFggxbE?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmo4uFggxbE?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Spurs = automatic... and that was really hard to type as a Lifelong Suns fan. ;)

Pat Riely is the guy who can get those superstars to learn to play together... i'm guessing they will dominate eventually. But he egos will have to be in check and Roles will have to be defined.... Can bron bron and wady wady stick to their roles???? remains to be seen but I think it will happen...

Wade has openly said he doesn't want to play for Pat again, but this "bump" of the coach by Bron-Bron... don't know to make anything of it or not. Certainly not running the table like everyone said they would. Just goes to show you can't buy chemistry and not everyone can coach talent.

People jump on Phil Jackson so much about the fact he wouldn't have won all these titles if he didn't have Jordan/Pippen, Kobe/Shaq, Kobe/Gasol - but the fact is hes the best in the business at wrangling egos and getting talent to play as a cohesive unit... put him in the coaches seat in Miami right now and it'd be a much different scenario.

Yea I know what you mean about Spurs' stars aging, but I imagine you'll start to see some others filling the roles when that really starts happening. Hell after Tony leaves Eva's conceded self he might become a new man :D And thanks a lot for bringing up THAT video! Lucky my connection isnt the best here, or I'd find some others.

How'd I know you throw Phil's name in that coaching post?!?! Its funny though cuz I'm pretty sure I remember him saying something like he wouldn't coach if Kobe didn't return a year or something of the sort. And he is the dumb one that said the spurs first championship with the shortened season should have an asterisk by it. Why? because your players slacked off? It was the same as any other season.

Oh I'm all in on the Phil Jackson bandwagon... I was so bummed when he announced he'd be coaching for the lakers..... I knew then, it was gonna be bad for the Suns. Jackson has kept us from an NBA championship since we had Barkely and lost to the Bulls.... save a couple years, in one form or another, Jackson has been the guy to bounce us out of the playoffs.

I didn't know that Wade and Riely weren't getting along... hmmm. Maybe they can't figure it out...

My guess is Dwade needs to be the leader on the floor and Bron and Bosch should be feeding off of him... I just don't think Bron is ready to wait for the game to come to him... he can't lead a team like Kobe, Nash, Parker, MJ, Magic, or Bird ...

That's me coaching from the cheap seats... :jester:

I didn't know that Wade and Riely weren't getting along... hmmm. Maybe they can't figure it out...

Well remember he played under him with Riley was coaching the heat to the title with Shaq... hes just gone on record that he respects Pat, but didn't like playing for him. Reportedly Wade has Eric Spolstras (sp?) back right now... which then leads to issues if LBJ wants Riley.

I see this whole thing blowing up before the end of this season. You've got 3 young stars expecting it to be a cakewalk and it isn't. Then the rest of the team is composed of old players on 1 year contracts who want to win this year. Its gonna get REALLY ugly here soon I imagine.

Plus, if I were Riley the LAST thing on earth I'd want is to step in and take over this mess... you have no big men, Haslem (arguably the 3rd most important player on the roster) is out for the year and bunch of drama... no better way to soil a great legacy like Pats with a dismally disappointing season.

Well remember he played under him with Riley was coaching the heat to the title with Shaq... hes just gone on record that he respects Pat, but didn't like playing for him. Reportedly Wade has Eric Spolstras (sp?) back right now... which then leads to issues if LBJ wants Riley.

I see this whole thing blowing up before the end of this season. You've got 3 young stars expecting it to be a cakewalk and it isn't. Then the rest of the team is composed of old players on 1 year contracts who want to win this year. Its gonna get REALLY ugly here soon I imagine.

Plus, if I were Riley the LAST thing on earth I'd want is to step in and take over this mess... you have no big men, Haslem (arguably the 3rd most important player on the roster) is out for the year and bunch of drama... no better way to soil a great legacy like Pats with a dismally disappointing season.

NO I totally agree Riley should not be coaching... Initially when this whole thing about bron and bosch broke, I thought that Riley, from the front office, would be able to keep the egos in check and let the coach do his job... I agree completely this is a one and done shot... It took Phil Jackson a couple years to get the egos in check at LA... and he never really had Shaq under complete control... Or maybe he did... LOL... I do think it is a bit ambitious to think you can change the dynamic of a team without a coach like Jackson to be the guy to make it work. Maybe they should have made a coaching change at the same time????

Spoelstra has been successful, but his personality when combined with that team reminds me of Gruden with the Bucks... There wasn't enough room for all the egos... so Gruden got punted...

I know it sounds childish but maybe a more veteran coach can take the Mentor role and be more successful at getting them to play with the right mindset....

Archived