Customer Service 866.965.0400

After Polishing

camaro2ssblack

Question

I am about to complete the polishing process and wanted to plan out the rest of my steps to perfection :drool:

..After FMP I am thinking about doing a 2 bucket wash to remove the light dusting and dried polish around the trim, then (2) coats MSW with a DS wipedown between each coat, and finally a coat of BG.

Is this the correct order?

Thanks..

7 answers to this question

I am about to complete the polishing process and wanted to plan out the rest of my steps to perfection :drool:

..After FMP I am thinking about doing a 2 bucket wash to remove the light dusting and dried polish around the trim, then (2) coats MSW with a DS wipedown between each coat, and finally a coat of BG.

Thanks..

Sounds like exactly how I did mine...

Personally I'd use WCW for the wipe down but either will work. If you have Americana, seal the BG in with it.

Chris

Thanks..

I wouldn't do a wash after FMP your taking a chance of scratching your paint. I would use DS or WCW only if needed. And wait a day or so before you apply the second coat of MSW.:2thumbs: Have fun!

You can wash, but it might be excessive work. Like the others suggested a careful wipe down with WW would get the job done.

Well looks like you need to cook me up a daily special with the WW combo..;)

No seriously, I appreciate the comments...since I dont currently have the WW, I will either just foam up and rinse a few times or do a careful wipedown with DS..

I washed mine because it had sat for 4 weeks getting all sorts of dust on it during the correction process. I would have caused more issues cleaning it with WCW than to wash it with water. I also had A LOT of oils left over from the process of correction and I think a full wash did a better/more complete job of removing them.

Chris

I washed mine because it had sat for 4 weeks getting all sorts of dust on it during the correction process. I would have caused more issues cleaning it with WCW than to wash it with water. I also had A LOT of oils left over from the process of correction and I think a full wash did a better/more complete job of removing them.

Chris

+1..It has taken me over a month to complete my correction as well...for the same reason, I also washed it between SHR and FMP

Archived