Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sorry ford and dodge guys.

whiterp199

Meh its ok. No one likes Dually's anyways.

For some reason it seems like most of the stats are in favor of the Ford though :D

The ford looks better on paper. But paper wont haul the race car. :jester: I am curious as to what caused the large gap. I thought they would have been closer and I expected the ford to win. It has more power and lower gear ratios. I would be all over a GMC 2500 Denali if I could afford it. They are so expensive though.

My TA has 800+TQ at the motor (3150#'s Vehicle weight) :jester::burnout:

Could the Trans Am haul a 18,920 lb trailer up the Rockies though? :willy:

Still, I wish my Pontiac had 800 ft-lbs of torque available...

Ford earned my business when they refused to take tax payer cash to stay afloat............and if you do the research you will see those commercials are WRONG.....Chevy is "paying back", not have paid back the bailouts, meaning if the current administration sees fit it can fire and hire who they wish to be the CEO...kinda like they did once already.

In my mind Ford being the only one that actually stayed a independent company & staying afloat without bails outs (tax payer cash).........means they could produce a truck with the horsepower of a lawn mower and i would buy it over a Chevy Hands down!

With me its the principle...... Kinda like Adams and their made in USA policy.

Ford earned my business when they refused to take tax payer cash to stay afloat............and if you do the research you will see those commercials are WRONG.....Chevy is "paying back", not have paid back the bailouts, meaning if the current administration sees fit it can fire and hire who they wish to be the CEO...kinda like they did once already.

In my mind Ford being the only one that actually stayed a independent company & staying afloat without bails outs (tax payer cash).........means they could produce a truck with the horsepower of a lawn mower and i would buy it over a Chevy Hands down!

This thread has gone this far without any arguments. Lets not get into a debate on governments hand in business. I do tend to agree with you though. :cheers: I am seeing some of the same Bull Excrement coming out of new GM as old GM.

That's where I'm at... I also like the FORD power plant under the hood. Not a big Isuzu fan myself. From what I've heard, the Allison has been anything BUT reliable in the long haul. I see Chevy getting back into IRL engine building now too. I just don't understand why they don't work on their brand and get a good solid foundation and THEN venture out.

I've got two GM's right now and 1 Ford. I'm not sure what my next car will be, but I'm sure leaning towards Ford. Heck, just sync/MyTouch makes me want one. I think my next car will be fast but fuel efficient as well. :thumbsup:

Chris

That's where I'm at... I also like the FORD power plant under the hood. Not a big Isuzu fan myself. From what I've heard, the Allison has been anything BUT reliable in the long haul. I see Chevy getting back into IRL engine building now too. I just don't understand why they don't work on their brand and get a good solid foundation and THEN venture out.

I've got two GM's right now and 1 Ford. I'm not sure what my next car will be, but I'm sure leaning towards Ford. Heck, just sync/MyTouch makes me want one. I think my next car will be fast but fuel efficient as well. :thumbsup:

Chris

I'm gonna respectfully object to one statement only. My father has an 06 2500 with 215,000 miles. He has had EGR and other minor engine issues(but luckily nothing major) but 0 problems with the Allison. A buddy of mine is a stone mason and travels all over the state doing jobs. One of his work trucks is an 01 3500 with 340,000 miles on it. Has had injectors fail twice and need replacing, 0 issues with the trans. I have previously worked in the service department of a local Chevy dealer and the only time we ever did trans work on a 2500/3500 was when it was a gas unit mated to the GM 4L80E. Having driven a few trucks with the Allison I honestly feel it makes the truck. Especially the second gen 6 speed auto.

That's not to say that nationally the Allison isn't junk, but just in my region and what experience I have with them they're solid.

Having said that, I do agree with the sentiment of respecting Ford and where they are for not taking any bailout money. I really like the new Ford Fusion and feel that if I were in the market for that class of car I would buy it over a Malibu. But as for trucks, I'm a Chevy truck man and always have been.

Archived