Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sorry ford and dodge guys.

whiterp199

I'm gonna respectfully object to one statement only. My father has an 06 2500 with 215,000 miles. He has had EGR and other minor engine issues(but luckily nothing major) but 0 problems with the Allison. A buddy of mine is a stone mason and travels all over the state doing jobs. One of his work trucks is an 01 3500 with 340,000 miles on it. Has had injectors fail twice and need replacing, 0 issues with the trans. I have previously worked in the service department of a local Chevy dealer and the only time we ever did trans work on a 2500/3500 was when it was a gas unit mated to the GM 4L80E. Having driven a few trucks with the Allison I honestly feel it makes the truck. Especially the second gen 6 speed auto.

That's not to say that nationally the Allison isn't junk, but just in my region and what experience I have with them they're solid.

Having said that, I do agree with the sentiment of respecting Ford and where they are for not taking any bailout money. I really like the new Ford Fusion and feel that if I were in the market for that class of car I would buy it over a Malibu. But as for trucks, I'm a Chevy truck man and always have been.

Sounds like it was more cold climate related. Junk fluid put in at the factory. I guess if you run the Allison fluid you'll be OK.

Sounds like it was more cold climate related. Junk fluid put in at the factory. I guess if you run the Allison fluid you'll be OK.

Could be. We do get cold weather here in the winter but warmer days are usually mixed in from time to time. It's not the consistent cold places up north see.

Ford earned my business when they refused to take tax payer cash to stay afloat............and if you do the research you will see those commercials are WRONG.....Chevy is "paying back", not have paid back the bailouts, meaning if the current administration sees fit it can fire and hire who they wish to be the CEO...kinda like they did once already.

In my mind Ford being the only one that actually stayed a independent company & staying afloat without bails outs (tax payer cash).........means they could produce a truck with the horsepower of a lawn mower and i would buy it over a Chevy Hands down!

With me its the principle...... Kinda like Adams and their made in USA policy.

I do agree about the gov't cash, BUT Ford did indirectly benefit, if GM and Chrysler went under many of their suppliers do too, which would have killed Ford until/if they got it figured out. Ford was a benefactor of good timing too, they mortgaged EVERYTHING right before the collapse, GM waited to long. That said though, :cheers: to Ford for not needing to bailed out like Wall Street and GM needed to be.

My next CAR will probably be a Ford after messing around with the Sync set up in a friends Fusion.

If I was buying a HD truck it would be the GMC though, IMO they look the best of the HD's and the article back it up.

I am a die hard Heavy Duty Ford truck fan but in that test dayum the Chevy put a whooping on the new Ford. I am really surprised as I don't feel like it should have at all, especially by that wide of a margin. The new 6 Speed Torqshift has awesome tuning and deep gear ratio's and I really don't see why it wouldn't have been a close race with 800 ftlb's at the crank :confused: I would still buy a new Superduty if I was in the market as the new trucks are awesome and everyone Ive talked to who's bought one loves them as they have good power and get good mileage but in this race that Chevy walked the Ford.

thats what i like to see. granted the ford's HP/TQ numbers are nice but its a new engine package so HP/TQ is good, they just need to work on their efficiency. It is pretty tough to beat the dmax/allison combo and now with the exhaust braking, fully boxed frame, beefed up suspension, you would be crazy if you didnt go with it.

thats what i like to see. granted the ford's HP/TQ numbers are nice but its a new engine package so HP/TQ is good, they just need to work on their efficiency. It is pretty tough to beat the dmax/allison combo and now with the exhaust braking, fully boxed frame, beefed up suspension, you would be crazy if you didnt go with it.

The Superduty is still more rugged with the straight axle and real ground clearance, don't get too carried away there Bowtie Boy :jester:

(Did I mention that Ford now has 50% of the HD truck market ;))

My TA has 800+TQ at the motor (3150#'s Vehicle weight) :jester::burnout:

My Ram does too! Of course mine is a Ram and weighs in at 8125lbs.:help: That's only 5000lbs I should only be a few seconds behind you!:banana:

I would think as you are crossing the finish line I should be at the 60 ft mark!

My Ram does too! Of course mine is a Ram and weighs in at 8125lbs.:help: That's only 5000lbs I should only be a few seconds behind you!:banana:

I would think as you are crossing the finish line I should be at the 60 ft mark!

:cheers:

First- dang fast shipping! I just ordered yesterday and my wash bucket and Brilliant Glaze arrived today! Onto the test- the way I understand it is that the turbo design was the hinderance for the Ford.............

Yea the article mentioned that theory. I just don't understand how the high altitude portion would have been missed. I bet you someone in Ford's engineering department has his/her job on the line right now :lolsmack:

Archived