Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wax Removal w/ Machine

Kingsford

Question

I've seen in the videos Adam removing wax with a Double Soft Towel under a PC with a pad on it.

Have you ever though about making a Towel/Bonnet that fits over a PC pad and held on by elastic?

When I used my Craftsman Low Speed Polisher it came with Applicator and Removal bonnets.

Just curious.

10 answers to this question

I've seen in the videos Adam removing wax with a Double Soft Towel under a PC with a pad on it.

Have you ever though about making a Towel/Bonnet that fits over a PC pad and held on by elastic?

When I used my Craftsman Low Speed Polisher it came with Applicator and Removal bonnets.

Just curious.

Not a bad idear.......but i would like to offer a similar but a lil different.

Ok you guys know the lil blue(square) microfiber applicator.....in vol6 dvd adam uses it for the metal polish and glass app of BG (i think it was BG)............. Well instead of a bonnet why not a micro fiber "pad' with hook and loop backing for ease, that would just pop onto to the Adams backing plate. Much like the other pads do.

With the pc's design you would have to have a clean pad for the bonnet to go over anyway...to me it makes sense to make a seperate PC pad For Machine Wax Removal. And it keeps with the machine line of products.

Personally I prefer to remove the waxes and polishes by hand as it allows for closer inspection of customers cars, which is what i want. Nothing worse then speeding thru a job only to have a customer show you a micro-scratch that you missed in a rush:explode:

I put it on thin enough that with the white double softs, it comes off easily. If I find a hard spot I spritz the towel with DS or WCW and it come right off.

I've never had to do the towel/PC trick.

I wouldn't recommend anyone try it with a Flex though... lol

Chris

I'm not sure a bonnet would be all that useful -- I find that for good, fast wax removal with a PC you still need to "turn" the MF towel pretty frequently... I personally think it would be MORE work to have to remove and replace bonnets versus just flipping/folding over a towel. :thumbsup:

i have an Invisible Glass cleaning thing-a-mabober that has a MF towel with an elastic border; i use it to clean the inside of the windsheild and rear window in those hard to reach areas.

an MF towel to go around the PC would be AWESOME!

here's what i'm talking about:

invisible-glass-reach-_-clean-1_cd_gallery.jpg

I'm not sure a bonnet would be all that useful -- I find that for good, fast wax removal with a PC you still need to "turn" the MF towel pretty frequently... I personally think it would be MORE work to have to remove and replace bonnets versus just flipping/folding over a towel. :thumbsup:

:iagree: I know Adam has demonstrated this in some of the DVD',s, but it seems like more work, rather than saving time.

:iagree: I know Adam has demonstrated this in some of the DVD',s, but it seems like more work, rather than saving time.

I thought he was using it to remove MSW. I just thought about it, and wondered if somehow it gives a little more shine to the MSW (already pretty shiny wiping it off by hand)?

Has anyone done an A/B on hand MSW removal vs. Machine/microfiber MSW removal?

Archived