Customer Service 866.965.0400

Does gas....

DanFish

Question

Hey Guys,

Well, I got gas Today and while pulling the nozzle out of the tank I managed to get a drop of gas on the paint. Now this made me think, does the gas eat through the layer of MSW I just recently laid? I figured it most likely does, so I'm re-applying to that section of the car as I type.

What do you guys think? Thanks! :thumbsup:

I found this on Yahoo.

"New Jersey passed the law making it illegal to pump your own gas in 1949. At the time, legislators felt it was too dangerous to have untrained people dispensing such a flammable liquid"

Not sure what the reason is in Oregon.

I go down to Atlantic City once or twice a semester and I always get out of the car and watch the gas guy like a hawk when I need to get gas in NJ. They hate me.

Not only will it strip the wax, it runs a high likelihood of discoloring the paint!! It seems to be most common on silver or light colors, but you'll see a stain where the gas was if allowed to sit... I've seen it a fair number of times and its always a 'sand to remove' kind of problem.

If you keep WW or DS in your vehicle just saturate the area very well to clean and neutralize any gas there... then apply a fresh coat of wax when you have the chance.

Archived