Customer Service 866.965.0400

Removing Bird Crap

gary1269

Question

Naturally, after washing the car. I notice a nice silver dollar sized bird dropping on my rear quarter panel the next morning. The rest of the car is spotless. Could i just use adam's WW to remove it? With daylight savings, im leaving when its dark and returning home in the dark. So am i just stuck with rewashing?

11 answers to this question

I've taken a nice sized bird turd off my car with WW. I just soaked it, let it sit a minute then pushed it gently with a old micro fiber and it was loose enough to come right up. I did then follow it up with the hand pad and some SHR with Revive because there was a slight oxidation stain (or whatever you want to call it) left behind.

I have used this technique with good results

If you have a completely dried bird dropping on your car's finish, and you DON'T have access to a water hose with free flowing water, then instead of wiping it off with a spray detailer or worse, scrubbing it off, do this instead,

• Take a clean microfiber polishing cloth, fold it four ways to create a thick, plush wiping cloth.
  • Next, spray one side with your favorite spray detailer or waterless wash, the idea is to hyper-lubricate the entire face of one side.
  • Next place it onto the dried bird dropping.
  • Wet the cloth with water until the entire cloth is saturated but not to the point where water is running down the hood. The idea is to have plenty of water present to soak into the dried bird dropping.
  • Let the wet cloth stand on the dried bird dropping for 5-10 minutes.
  • Now, carefully enclose the wet-microfiber around the bird dropping using your hand and fingers , you're trying to carefully bunch-up the microfiber and then LIFT the bird dropping off the paint. Don't simply wipe the bird dropping over the paint.

Luckily i havent disconnected my hose yet. I ended up standing outsude with a hose and bucket with my wife holding a flashlight so i could get a better view.

Then we are proud to have you as a member of our clan! :cheers:

Now head over to the New Forum Member Check-In area and introduce yourself!

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17

If they are still wet, you might not have to heavily soak them, just saturate the offending bird poo and surrounding area in WW and *gently* remove. I usually use AJ's WW technique to upwards-roll-the-WW-towel-as-you-wipe technique, keeping only fresh microfiber on the surface. As Dylan has commented elsewhere, birds also eat dirt in the process of their feeding, so this bird poo is not only acidic, but also gritty. Whatever you do, get if off as soon as possible - don't let it bake on your finish.

Archived